BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 750LI. Last night when I got in the car the iDrive system was frozen at the accept screen. I didn't have time to look at it last night, so I did a lot of searching this morning and tried a few things.

I had seen some posts regarding the "three finger salute" where you press the volume button, the CD eject button, and the DVD eject button at the same time which will essentially reboot the iDrive system. I couldn't figure out how to do this for my car because I do have the volume button and cd eject button, but the DVD changer is in the trunk, so I can't really press them all at once.

I did disconnect the negative battery terminal for about a minute and then reconnected it. When I started the car the iDrive system rebooted and I saw the BMW logo for about 15 seconds. I was then able to get past the accept screen and I can see all of the menus, etc.

The problem is when I select something (i.e. NAV), the screen is then blank. Another example is that I can select Entertainment, but when I click on AM/FM, etc. nothing happens.

All other items on the car seem to be working fine.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I have a 2006 750LI. Last night when I got in the car the iDrive system was frozen at the accept screen. I didn't have time to look at it last night, so I did a lot of searching this morning and tried a few things.

I had seen some posts regarding the "three finger salute" where you press the volume button, the CD eject button, and the DVD eject button at the same time which will essentially reboot the iDrive system. I couldn't figure out how to do this for my car because I do have the volume button and cd eject button, but the DVD changer is in the trunk, so I can't really press them all at once.

I did disconnect the negative battery terminal for about a minute and then reconnected it. When I started the car the iDrive system rebooted and I saw the BMW logo for about 15 seconds. I was then able to get past the accept screen and I can see all of the menus, etc.

The problem is when I select something (i.e. NAV), the screen is then blank. Another example is that I can select Entertainment, but when I click on AM/FM, etc. nothing happens.

All other items on the car seem to be working fine.
Looks like one of the modules on your internal fiber network is malfunctioning. Do a search on here for "MOST" or "Fiber network" and you will find lots of information on how to troubleshoot and possible fixes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much!!! That was exactly the problem. I did some searching after you pointed out it was the most system, and figured I would be buying one of the jumpers to do some testing.

I then decided to check all of the inputs to make sure it just wasn't a loose connection.

What I found was that the connection to the Satellite radio had been knocked loose. I play hockey and sometimes just throw my bag in the trunk which is what I think happened. As soon as I plugged it back in it worked.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts