BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally placed my order yesterday for a 2010 528xi, monoco blue, brown interior, Premiun with Value Pkg and foldown rear seats, got a great deal from Bloomfield BMW here in NJ better than 5 other dealers I called. It will arrive in three weeks. So, I will be able to deduct the sales tax from my 2009 income, which is part of the stimulus pakage for new car purchases this year only.

I asked the sales person if the Idrive has the new interface found in models with the navigation system, and she said yes. I checked the manual on BMW NA and sure enough the Idrive shows the new interface and gives no indication that its only for models with the navigation system. But I remenber reading some were that the new interface its only available with the navigation system. Does anyone has a 2010 model without the navigation to confirm this.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Can you give a reference to the sales tax deduction item from the stimulus? Are you sure its new cars only?

never heard of this one, but great if its true--

Thanks,

Terry

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its very true, new car only, just go to the IRS web page or just do a google search on new car purchase incentives.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My understanding is you get the new idrive interface but you don't get the USB plug to transfer music to your car's hard drive when not getting the navigation.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Without the navigation, you still get the new iDrive controller but NOT the new interface. With the navigation, you get the new iDrive controller and the new interface.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope Kzang is correct and not bimmerfan3, this is a 2010 model and I'm hoping its got the new interface which has a better look than the old one.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I think I may be wrong. Search for my thread on how to transfer music to the hard drive and I think someone commented on that thread exactly what bimmer wrote. Sorry for the bad news.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I finally placed my order yesterday for a 2010 528xi, monoco blue, brown interior, Premiun with Value Pkg and foldown rear seats, got a great deal from Bloomfield BMW here in NJ better than 5 other dealers I called. It will arrive in three weeks. So, I will be able to deduct the sales tax from my 2009 income, which is part of the stimulus pakage for new car purchases this year only.

I asked the sales person if the Idrive has the new interface found in models with the navigation system, and she said yes. I checked the manual on BMW NA and sure enough the Idrive shows the new interface and gives no indication that its only for models with the navigation system. But I remenber reading some were that the new interface its only available with the navigation system. Does anyone has a 2010 model without the navigation to confirm this.

Thanks
Maybe one of the other dealers had a salesperson who knew their product? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OH well, now I know wich owners manual to review while I eagerly wait to take delivery.The 2009 manual which has the old Idrive interface.

Thanks again

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I couldn't resist I call the dealer to changed the original order to add Navigation and Park distance control and she found the following: Monaco Blue, Beige interior, Premium pkg,Value pkg,Fold down rear seats, Navigation and Park distance control. I wanted the Navigation because I did not like the old interface and my wife wanted the parking distance control. This car is in transit from Germany so I only have to wait about two weeks, hopefully. The only thing I do not like is that it has the light poplar trim, I like the bamboo anthracite better, but I'm sure it will grow on me.

Any tips for the best way of cleaning the cream beige interior, I 'm afraid is going to get dirty if you don't stay on top of it.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I couldn't resist I call the dealer to changed the original order to add Navigation and Park distance control and she found the following: Monaco Blue, Beige interior, Premium pkg,Value pkg,Fold down rear seats, Navigation and Park distance control. I wanted the Navigation because I did not like the old interface and my wife wanted the parking distance control. This car is in transit from Germany so I only have to wait about two weeks, hopefully. The only thing I do not like is that it has the light poplar trim, I like the bamboo anthracite better, but I'm sure it will grow on me.

Any tips for the best way of cleaning the cream beige interior, I 'm afraid is going to get dirty if you don't stay on top of it.
Nice work on the nav. I would never buy a car without a navigation. Its not just the nav but the whole seemless intergration of other features tied to the nav.

Regarding the leather, I wouldn't sweat it too much. These are premium leathers and it should hold up nicely. I'm pretty sure just a wipe witha damp cloth would clean most dirt off. I have the natural brown leather and have had it since July and I have never needed to clean my leather seats. They look new and clean even as of today. Although I'm not a messy guy so I stay pretty clean most of the time :)

The trim is a toss up.. I had light poplar trim before on my previous 5er and at first it looked classy but as time went by, the interior trim reminded me of a old buick. I really love the Bamboo trim, it really lgives a very modern and contemporary look to it.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have the Cream Beige interior, and although it's a beautiful look, it does get dirty. What works for me is to use a leather cleaner and then a leather preservative every 3 months or so.

·
Driving Enthusiast
435 Posts
The only thing I do not like is that it has the light poplar trim, I like the bamboo anthracite better, but I'm sure it will grow on me.

I have the same color/trim package. The light poplar looks GREAT with the cream beige. Many have complimented me on it. Since I just got my car, I too searched the Forum for leather cleaning advice since the cream beige picks up and shows jean dye readily and apparently leather belt marks and other dark colored clothing dyes. I would suggest you check out the Detailing Forum and do a search on cream beige. There are some great step-by-step articles in there depending on the persistence of the color deposits. There are less harsh cleaning aids like mixtures of Woolite and water but in the end many have suggested the Zaino Z-9 and Z-10 products to clean and protect. That is probably what I will be buying.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts