BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my 2006 330i in for the air bag recall which required disconnecting the battery. When I picked it up the iDrive screen looked different. There used to be some color to it and some subtle graphics in the 4 different sections. Now it is a gray screen with no graphics. Has anyone else seen this? Nobody at the dealer seems to know why it happened or how to fix it. Any ideas? I can't believe there would be this kind of change without the capability of changing it back to the previous screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Someone updated your car.

The early 2006 models had the old brown interface. A new update that came out in 2007 changed the layout to a grey color. It's a good thing. It fixed some software bugs.

I can't believe the dealer didn't know this....wait yes I can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Well, thanks for the info. We preferred the old screen, but I guess it is gone. Kind of surprised that they didn't maintain a way to keep it as an option. BMW seems to have problems with colors. We also have a 2013 3 series. Some of the map display is literally unreadable during the day. They use light gray letters on a dark gray background. I wish they'd change that.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Well, thanks for the info. We preferred the old screen, but I guess it is gone. Kind of surprised that they didn't maintain a way to keep it as an option. BMW seems to have problems with colors. We also have a 2013 3 series. Some of the map display is literally unreadable during the day. They use light gray letters on a dark gray background. I wish they'd change that.
Hit option, then hit settings and select night mode. This adds contrast and should make it easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts