Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My M40i is 10 months old, and has suddenly begun dropping my iPhone from the bluetooth connection. Has this happened to anyone else? I did not buy a new phone, same phone I have had since I picked up my X3. (Trying to see if this is a known issue)

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
My M40i is 10 months old, and has suddenly begun dropping my iPhone from the bluetooth connection. Has this happened to anyone else? I did not buy a new phone, same phone I have had since I picked up my X3. (Trying to see if this is a known issue)

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
You may not have gotten a new phone, but have you installed an update recently (the answer is likely yes). I always have issues with my iPhone and the X3 being finicky, but its not my daily driver.... its my wifes.

I am just pointing out that, although you didnt buy a new phone, you likely got an update (or updates) in the past 10 months and it is entirely likely that bluetooth was updated on the phone.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may not have gotten a new phone, but have you installed an update recently (the answer is likely yes). I always have issues with my iPhone and the X3 being finicky, but its not my daily driver.... its my wifes.

I am just pointing out that, although you didnt buy a new phone, you likely got an update (or updates) in the past 10 months and it is entirely likely that bluetooth was updated on the phone.

Maybe... I do not allow automatic updates on my phone, and haven’t done one in over a month. Possible it was just a gremlin that happens so rarely that is nothing to worry about (my F15 X5 had some of those). I will try to pay attention to if an update has been done on the phone if this happens again.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts