BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Old Timer
Joined
·
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas!

Do we want to have an IE carvan again this year? I'm down to meet at the Fairplex parking lot off the 10 fwy at 6:00. We can leave at 6:20 and be in Balboa park by 7:15. I want to see who's interested. Maybe we'll see some old faces from last year.

JT
 

·
Kruzin
Joined
·
18 Posts
JT///M3 said:
Hey fellas!

Do we want to have an IE carvan again this year? I'm down to meet at the Fairplex parking lot off the 10 fwy at 6:00. We can leave at 6:20 and be in Balboa park by 7:15. I want to see who's interested. Maybe we'll see some old faces from last year.

JT
im in!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I'm down but we should probably leave pretty early and also can you please post an address to the meeting place? I'm horrible with directions.....
 

·
Old Timer
Joined
·
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, sure, its pretty simple as far as directions. If you are coming from 10 heading west, exit fairplex dr./dudley and you will see a big parking lot to your right. take at right at the light and then a right at the first street on the right and you will come down to the parking area. Thats it. You can't miss it. I'll try to post a pic of meeting area later tonite.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I'm in too. My friend with his e30 may come as well. 6 a.m sounds about right. His car may not be able to keep up at high speeds like we did last year. So, I don't want to say to u guys to slow down, but keeping speeds reasonable should keep our caravan intact and saves us from speeding tickets. If i recall, one of our guys got a ticket at the 101, even though we had V1s. What do u guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Kruzin said:
hey garett we could leave together for the fairplex from riverside if u'd like!

glad to see you'll be able to make it again ant!
Sounds good. Just let me know where and when you want to leave. You know if Shez or Hirb are goin?
 

·
Old Timer
Joined
·
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
antetr95 said:
I'm in too. My friend with his e30 may come as well. 6 a.m sounds about right. His car may not be able to keep up at high speeds like we did last year. So, I don't want to say to u guys to slow down, but keeping speeds reasonable should keep our caravan intact and saves us from speeding tickets. If i recall, one of our guys got a ticket at the 101, even though we had V1s. What do u guys think?
Well, that would be me :cry: and my buddy Sgi4side and M3Teknitian. Gee, all from the IE caravan. No, I won't be speeding again this year. My fiancee will be with me and I don't think I will be able to get away with messing around too much. Reasonable speed is 70-80mph. Hopefully there won't be any trouble again.

Hope to see everyone there!

JT

PS Here is the map I promised. Exit Fairplex and then go right at the light, then right on Gillette and it will be on the right.

Satelite Map of parking lot
 

·
Kruzin
Joined
·
18 Posts
NakNak said:
Sounds good. Just let me know where and when you want to leave. You know if Shez or Hirb are goin?
i dont think hirb is going this year... and i sent shez the link to this site, but not sure if hes coming. my 13 year old brother is flying down from sacramento just so he could come w/ me to bimmerfest!
 

·
ex-M couper
Joined
·
1,749 Posts
Just found this thread. If you know, which Fairplex entrance is it?
I'll do my best to get there by "oh dark hundred" --- just look for a Steel Gray M-coupe with a driver who is still asleep. :)
 

·
Old Timer
Joined
·
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, we're gonna possibly have 3 MCoupes from the IE rolling in formation. Thats gonna be sick!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
ok how about we meet and do some drag race in Fairplex before we all go. Just for those who need to get it out of their system. Then we won't get tickets on the way. :angel:

but I don't know if I will be able to make it. Depending on the baby sitter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Kruzin said:
i dont think hirb is going this year... and i sent shez the link to this site, but not sure if hes coming. my 13 year old brother is flying down from sacramento just so he could come w/ me to bimmerfest!
Haha your bro into BMW's too? Where and when do you want to meet?
 

·
Kruzin
Joined
·
18 Posts
NakNak said:
Haha your bro into BMW's too? Where and when do you want to meet?
i could meet you at GM and then leave from there, or we could just coordinate when we leave and meet up on the freeway... we might have another e46 m3 come w/ us as well.
 

·
Old Timer
Joined
·
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lets get a list of cars that will be there so we can figure who to look for. Remember, we have to leave at 620 sharp to get to Encino in time, so no waiting around. If you're not there, sadly, we have to leave without you. I suggest everyone have their FMRS/GMRS walkies setup to channel 9, subchannel 09.

1. JT ArcticSilver M Coupe
2. SGI4Side Estoril M Roadster
3. Karim TiSilver M3
4. Bob C SG M Coupe
5.

please copy and paste with your info
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
1. JT ArcticSilver M Coupe
2. SGI4Side Estoril M Roadster
3. Karim TiSilver M3
4. Bob C SG M Coupe
5. Jack AlpineWhite/ImolaRed M3
6. Jess- antetr95
 
1 - 20 of 151 Posts
Top