BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bend on the inside of my wheel. I was always thought if a wheel balances out perfectly then you don't need to replace it but the mechanic that balanced the wheel said I have to have it fixed or get a new one or it will hurt the bearings !?!?

I think that is what he said but am not sure exactly what he said would be damaged.

thanks for your advice

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about having it fixed but don't feel like taking the wheel off the Eclipse right now because I have been driving the car everyday . . .

It's convertible weather :thumb: :thumb:

Actually, I should have had it done today since I had to bring the Bimmer in for the steering retrofitt

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
It can be out of round and still balance. I would send it out for repair. My dad had a 535i with aftermarket BBS RS 3-piece wheels. One got bashed pretty hard. We sent it out for repair. Total bill was about $105 and it looked new.

Put the spare on the rear of the Eclipse, and the good tires on the front. You won't even notice it.

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Emission said:
It can be out of round and still balance. I would send it out for repair. My dad had a 535i with aftermarket BBS RS 3-piece wheels. One got bashed pretty hard. We sent it out for repair. Total bill was about $105 and it looked new.

Put the spare on the rear of the Eclipse, and the good tires on the front. You won't even notice it.
Donde es el Acura ? ?

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
Alan F said:

Donde es el Acura ? ?
I gave it back to my sister (oh darn!) yesterday.

Right now, I borrowed a Land Rover Disco II for a few days as I hunt down a replacement...

I am looking for a used BMW as we speak. I have driven few 1988 E30 325i's that can be purchased for about $5000. I will get a clean 5-speed as my daily driver. They are fun, fun, fun (and CHEAP).

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
geomax said:
Whats a good place in the Boston area to get a wheel repaired? Anyone know? Or if you send the wheel somewhere, whats the best place?
Look in Autoweek or any other car mag for an ad for wheel repair. Most likely, you will have to ship the wheel somewhere - not get it fixed in Boston.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Emission said:

I am looking for a used BMW as we speak...SNIP
Darn. My uncle has a '95 540iA (or is it a '97? I don't remember fer sur) that he may be more than happy to part with for cheap. :dunno:

Haven't talked to him in about a year now...I think he's in Taiwan right now if I'm not mistaken.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
The HACK said:

Darn. My uncle has a '95 540iA (or is it a '97? I don't remember fer sur) that he may be more than happy to part with for cheap.
The '95 540iA is a nice car, but too big. I want a toy.

I'm thinking the E30 will become my auto-x car (light and nimble), the Porsche my big track car (powerful and stable). I thought about an E36, but I really need to keep the payment to nearly nothing (sales price of <$6000) since I splurged on the 911 - wife is watching this transaction closely!

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
The HACK said:

Darn. My uncle has a '95 540iA (or is it a '97? I don't remember fer sur) that he may be more than happy to part with for cheap. :dunno:

Haven't talked to him in about a year now...I think he's in Taiwan right now if I'm not mistaken.
You haven't talked to your Dad in about a year? What's up with that (if it's not too personal)? I lost my father several years ago. While we were pretty close, looking back, I wish we had been even closer.

My (unsolicited) advice: Give him a call today, Daniel.

:)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
hts said:

You haven't talked to your Dad in about a year? What's up with that (if it's not too personal)? I lost my father several years ago. While we were pretty close, looking back, I wish we had been even closer.

stickin my nose in uninvited, but he said his uncle... not dad. but i do agree, time is too short to not be close to family

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
hts said:

Smoking the peace pipe again HARRISON? My UNCLE drives the 540iA.

I'm pretty sure he's in Taiwan right now so getting a hold of him would be a little difficult. Man, that 540iA just sitting in his garage rotting away. :yikes:

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
The HACK said:

that 540iA just sitting in his garage rotting away. :yikes:
That year, the 540iA had some engine issues... like the sulfur in the gasoline ate the block or something crazy. Has he had any problems... and how much do you think he wants for it (now you got me thinking...)?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.