BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If BMW could bring back 1 model from its past, and bring that car into regular production in its original form...

a. What year and model would it be

b. What would you pay for it?

c. Why did you pick that model?

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
If BMW could bring back 1 model from its past, and bring that car into regular production in its original form...

a. What year and model would it be

-- 2002 (don't know what year they even made 'em)

b. What would you pay for it?

-- don't know; how much are they worth?

c. Why did you pick that model?

-- it's the only one i can think of (am i a true bmw heritage fanatic or what?)

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
I feel slighted. Like mine wasn't 'meaningful and insightful' too?

:D

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

Thanks for the meaningful and insightful response.
I don't know if I think that I would even want BMW to build old cars again. Isn't the somewhat unattainable nature of classics and the "joy" of restoring them why people like them? If they were readily attainable, who would care? :dunno:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

I think it was intended as one of those hypothethical questions along the same lines as, "If you could have any car in the world, price no object, what would it be?" Then you're the guiy who comes along and says he'd pick XYZ because it's most expensive, sell it and then buy ABC and pocket the change. Then the original guy puts in the "You can't sell it"-clause. And the whole hypothetical discussion is ruined.

Enjoy the question. And answer in terms of which past model you'd most love to own. That's the spirit of the question. And if you don't care to play along, skip the thread.
I already made a thread like that

I don't think that it is a good idea to build old cars again :dunno: I think that it would cheapen the image and reduce the desirablility of true classics.

You are probably right about my response to the hypothetical. Our world is based on self-interest and I am no different :dunno:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
I'm with Mike. E24M6!! Is Paul Bracq still alive? Can you please come back and design BMWs??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
If BMW could bring back 1 model from the past...
Yeah Baby!

Installed with the MW50 Methanol/Water injection system.
Delivery: n/a
Total built: 1334
Powerplant:
BMW 801D-2 1730 hp (1272 kW) with MW50 2100 hp (1544 kW)
Weight: n/a
Armament:
4 x Mauser MG151/20E 20mm cannon
2 x MG131 13mm machine gun

(PS: For the PC crowd, I love the aircraft, not the politics that surrounded it during that period)

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
It would've been cool if BMW did something like Nissan did a few years ago w/ the classic Z car. They bought up a bunch of them, restored them and offered them for sale through select dealers. If BMW did build a 2002 today, how much do you think it would cost (assuming the exact same technology was used-- but modern assembly line techniques? I bet they could do it for under $12,000! Even if they updated a few things, they could probably keep it there.

Anyway, back to the question--I know this isn't very adventurous, but I'd be interested in a new e30. Solid, good looking, fun and just modern enough.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
A brand-new E30 M3 in the showroom for $25,000 would be sweeeeeeeeeet!

·
10,856 Posts
I'd like an E46 touring with E36 M3 guts. :)

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
1. 1996 850CSi (5.6 liter V-12/380 hp) - $40,000

2. 1980 M1 (277 hp) - $70,000 if I could find one for sale

3. 1975 3.0CSL - maybe $20,000

4. 1989 M635CSi (same engine as the M1) - $10,000

5. 1975 315 - $200 if it runs :confused:

Patrick

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
alee said:

Troublemaker. :mad: An E46 touring would barely move with the wimpy guts of an E36 M3. :D
Al looking for a
war today:dunno:

We all know that with those guts my wagon would dust your little OB clean machine:D

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Al looking for a
war today:dunno:

We all know that with those guts my wagon would dust your little OB clean machine:D
Here it is...the Phil wagon with E36 M3 guts...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.