BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone's "second choice" car would be if, say, hypothetically, BMW stopped production of the E90 tomorrow.

I think my second choice would be an Audi S4 Convertable (in fact I was actually wanting to get a BMW 330 convertible, but I can't wait another year for the new model, so I'm getting the sedan instead)...

·
Registered
34 Posts
2003 or 2004 e46 M3 coupe... I actually almost bought an '04 imola/imola/fully equipped/smg/nav/19" HREs/H&R coilovers for 50k but ordered an e90 instead.

But oh boy is the M3 a nice car!!!

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Honda Accord? :dunno:

·
Registered
84 Posts
G35. There is really no other car that has come this close to the 3 series.

·
Banned
0 Posts
WRX STI, Lancer EVO, S4. Not neccesarily in that order.

You get the theme. Something to take to the mountains.

Edit: I misread the original post. My choices would be on top of an E90.
If I couldnt have an E90 I would stick with an E46 or even get an E60. But a 1 series would win if that was available.

·
Registered
167 Posts
1. 2005 E46

2. 2004-2005 Audi S4 would be next or Infiniti G35

3. Saab 9-3 (front drive but great deal on these right now with GM buyers discount)

4. 2006 Lexus IS350?

·
Informed Badge Whore
482 Posts
E90Newbie said:
2003 or 2004 e46 M3 coupe... I actually almost bought an '04 imola/imola/fully equipped/smg/nav/19" HREs/H&R coilovers for 50k but ordered an e90 instead.

But oh boy is the M3 a nice car!!!
Oooooops! :)

·
TTSam
745 Posts
Steply said:
Just wondering what everyone's "second choice" car would be if, say, hypothetically, BMW stopped production of the E90 tomorrow.

I think my second choice would be an Audi S4 Convertable (in fact I was actually wanting to get a BMW 330 convertible, but I can't wait another year for the new model, so I'm getting the sedan instead)...
Last North American versions of the turbo RX7............

·
Registered
122 Posts
05' M3 would be my second choice, after E90.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In no particular order:

Infiniti FX35
Volvo S40 T5
New Lexus IS?
Ford GT (I hear kidneys and lungs are valuable, and I have spares!)

edit: Audi A6, but I am weary of Audi reliability -- my roommate has an A4 and it's very glitchy... gas guage inaccurate, air bag failure, pixels dead in the cluster display, engine rattles when cold (sounds like a cam chain tensioner), subwoofer rattles, sometimes it takes two attempts to start... It's a 2001 with only 40,000 miles! I have to admit though, I love Audi styling - especially the A4 just before the redesign

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
JG said:
Last North American versions of the turbo RX7............
Divine cars. The power, the seating, the look...that car was sex on wheels.

Someday when I live in a home with a decent garage I'd love to get one of those as a weekend toy.

to answer the question:

1. 05 e46 330i
2. 06 A3
3. 06 Miata
4. 06 GTI?

·
Registered
302 Posts
hades281 said:
In no particular order:

Infiniti FX35
Volvo S40 T5
New Lexus IS?
Ford GT (I hear kidneys and lungs are valuable, and I have spares!)

edit: Audi A6, but I am weary of Audi reliability -- my roommate has an A4 and it's very glitchy... gas guage inaccurate, air bag failure, pixels dead in the cluster display, engine rattles when cold (sounds like a cam chain tensioner), subwoofer rattles, sometimes it takes two attempts to start... It's a 2001 with only 40,000 miles! I have to admit though, I love Audi styling - especially the A4 just before the redesign
I've always been drawn to Audis, but heard some pretty negative things about their reliability, so didn't consider them too long... although I recently saw an article in the paper about a big push they've been making in that area, improvements made, so maybe currently they would warrant more consideration, if reliability is a concern. They don't have a European delivery program, though.

My number 2 was Volvo S40, which has a great Euro delivery program (2 airline tix in addition to the % discount on the car, one negative was a fee for dropoff in other than the home city, think it was like 250 Euros for Paris dropoff) ... that would have been the easier choice money-wise, but my heart was pulling more to the 325i, ended up going with that. Had also considered Saab 9-3, but by the time a couple of options were added on, the price was up in BMW range anyway... they also have a Euro delivery program, in addition to the % discount on the car, they give, instead of 1 or 2 airline tix, $2,000 toward travel expenses. Good deal.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts