1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Damon said:
...the ERK as well?

TIA.
Yes.

The 330/328 transmission and shifter design is different enough from the 323/325 transmission that it requires the Competition EVO kit in combination with the ERK to line up the gear selector rod with the bottom of the gear SHIFTER rod.

Email me, I get regular discounts for UUC's stuff. I might even be able to help you install it. :dunno:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: If I get a UUC SSK for my '02 330ci, do I need...

The HACK said:

Yes.

The 330/328 transmission and shifter design is different enough from the 323/325 transmission that it requires the Competition EVO kit in combination with the ERK to line up the gear selector rod with the bottom of the gear SHIFTER rod.

Email me, I get regular discounts for UUC's stuff. I might even be able to help you install it. :dunno:
Funny, when I placed a mock order on their website to see what parts I'd need, nowhere was the ERK mentioned. It recommended the cartridge bearing upgrade and delrin bushings, but no ERK. Is it included in the SSK for the 330? Hrmmm...

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
The ERK only comes with the Competition EVO II kit that is offered on the 328/330.

edit: If I am not mistaken, the Street EVO II kit WILL fit the 328/330s and the Competition EVO II kit will fit the 323/325s. The Street EVO kit shortens the throw by about 25% while the Competition EVO kit shortens the throw by about 38%. Why Rob doesn't just sell both kits to both trims I have no idea. :dunno:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The HACK said:
The ERK only comes with the Competition EVO II kit that is offered on the 328/330.

edit: If I am not mistaken, the Street EVO II kit WILL fit the 328/330s and the Competition EVO II kit will fit the 323/325s. The Street EVO kit shortens the throw by about 25% while the Competition EVO kit shortens the throw by about 38%. Why Rob doesn't just sell both kits to both trims I have no idea. :dunno:
According to UUC's website, I need the Comp Evo II kit for my '02 330ci. Does this mean that the kit comes with the ERK? Is that why it's not listed as an optional add-on? I'm confused. :confused:

BTW - I've installed over a half dozen SSK's on Audi A4s. This will be my first install on a BMW, so I appreciate the offer for help. :thumbup:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Damon said:

According to UUC's website, I need the Comp Evo II kit for my '02 330ci. Does this mean that the kit comes with the ERK? Is that why it's not listed as an optional add-on? I'm confused. :confused:

BTW - I've installed over a half dozen SSK's on Audi A4s. This will be my first install on a BMW, so I appreciate the offer for help. :thumbup:
Yes, it comes as part of the Competition EVO II kit.

Let me know if you have any questions. I've done 2 Competition EVO IIs and 2 Street EVO IIs. If you've done a few Audi's then it should be a snap. :thumbup:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
The HACK said:

Let me know if you have any questions. I've done 2 Competition EVO IIs and 2 Street EVO IIs. If you've done a few Audi's then it should be a snap. :thumbup:
Heehee, I'd think a FWD SSK is a MUCH easier install.

I've been told that the UUC SSK for the A4 is a POS as well. :dunno:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Kaz said:

Heehee, I'd think a FWD SSK is a MUCH easier install.

I've been told that the UUC SSK for the A4 is a POS as well. :dunno:
Every A4 I did was quattro, not FWD. The install requires dexterity, but it's not terribly complicated - you can do the entire install from inside the vehicle. BMW's are a little trickier, from what I've heard.

As far as the UUC SSK for the A4 being a POS, I've never heard that. UUC was the first to market with a SSK for the A4. I had one in my 2000 A4 and loved it. UUC is one of the few companies that has this customer service thing right. That's why I chose to continue to purchase their products when I got my 330ci. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.