BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm finally going to replace the windshield on my coupe (thanks to a BIG crack). What else do I need to do, if anything, in order to have the rain-sensing wiper feature besides just ordering the rain-sensing "equipped" windshield? Just curious...

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
KP said:
Not sure about all the parts involved (if there are any wires or sensors needed), but besides the windshield, probably the rear view mirror:dunno:
No, the rear view mirror works the same...It just gets attached to the base of the sensor.

My guess is you'll need to run a new wiring harness from the base of the sensor to the driver's side A pillar, down the driver's side HVAC vent, ground it somewhere in the driver's side footwell, and run the harness all the way to the fusebox and powersupply.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Actually, I think the wiring is already there. I've looked at my 2001 325Ci and 2000 328i and on the 325Ci, there is a 6 pin white connector that is not plugged into anything, but on my 328i, the same connector connects to the rain sensor. I'm thinking that all that would be needed is the windshield, rain sensor and reprogramming of the Car/Key memory to change the rain sensor from inactive to active. I could be wrong, but it looks like it might be a very easy install.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
I don't know about you, but I for one would not even think about attempting this difficult and tricky retrofit operation without some serious on-site assistance from THE HACK!

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.