BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious. how many of you car freaks own your particular BMW because it's what you can afford and how many of you own it because it's really your dream car?:rolleyes: so, if you could buy anything - even if it's another BMW that you don't own yourself - what would it be?

say, for example, me: I have a 325i..

however, if I could afford any car I wanted, I would be driving a Bentley Continental GT :drive: for sure

now you try :]

·
F87 on the way!
1,610 Posts
I don't own a BMW anymore, but I bought the one that fit the best for me - a 528i. If I could have any BMW I wanted it would be an M5.

If I could have any car I wanted...I'd have a lot.

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
I own my dream car, so there is nothing which with I would necessarily replace it - any other car would be a change in compromises. There are plenty of cars I would like to supplement it.

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
I'd gray market import a European Spec E39 540iT/6 (540iT never sold here with a 6 speed manual).

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
an m3. the 3er size is car is all i want. however, if only bmw would freeze and weight of it, that would be better.

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Dream car? Money no object? Hmm...probably a Ferrari F430 or Aston Martin V12 Vanquish. Might as well slap the Lambo Murcialago in there as well. And if those are too 'spensive, then just a simple Ford GT will suffice :D

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
I'm keeping my current BMW and ordering a Z4 M Coupe. If money was no object I'd probably do something else with the money. These two cars will keep me smiling for quite a while.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
There are steps up and then are dream cars. The current 6-series has my eye for a most-desirable step up.

If we're talking 2nd cars then a lot classic non-daily drivers and other toy cars come into view of my lust. I'm thinking restored 1960's Jaguar XKE (probably series 2) or a new Ariel Atom. For a few dollars more than either of these I'm thinking Ultima GTR or Noble 400-series.

Money no object? 1962 Ferrari GTO. Or an F40. Screw practicality! If you restrict me to new cars than why not the Enzo in XX trim? If I was still a mere mortal I'd take the F430 or maybe one of the TVR's (is the Russian incarnation closed yet?).

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Any Lambo, an F430 or a new 911GT3 would also be nice.:thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Penforhire said:
Money no object? 1962 Ferrari GTO. Or an F40. Screw practicality! If you restrict me to new cars than why not the Enzo in XX trim? If I was still a mere mortal I'd take the F430 or maybe one of the TVR's (is the Russian incarnation closed yet?).
when we were driving home from picking up my car last week in New Jersey I saw a 60's Ferrari GTO, it must've been completely restored. bright red with a white stripe through the middle, shining like it was brand new. it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen :wow:

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
I think a more interesting question, and maybe what you meant, is what car in the same class would you buy?

For ex. if you have a 330 sedan, what sedan would you buy if money was no object?

There is no sedan I can think of that I would buy to replace my 330i.

·
Ik hou van Holland...
5,226 Posts
I'm changing my 325iT for a M3 Cabrio or a brand new 911 Carrera S...:thumbup: (if it's up to me it will be the latter...):D

·
I love my BMW.
757 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLS55

Not crazy about it being a Mercedes, but love the distinctive styling. The hp is nice too!

·
Stimulus Package
4,245 Posts
See my sig line. :D

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
michael chase said:
when we were driving home from picking up my car last week in New Jersey I saw a 60's Ferrari GTO, it must've been completely restored. bright red with a white stripe through the middle, shining like it was brand new. it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen :wow:
Not to dash your thrills, but if it was street driven, it was almost certainly a converted Datsun 240Z. The proportions are very nice - I used to see a clone every day and it did look really nice. However, I was at Laguna Seca for historical races and I got to see both clone and real 250 GTO in the same day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I saw a 240Z-based GTO kit car at the Buena Park show about a decade ago that I almost bought. The owner went above and beyond in getting the look inside-and-out. He even milled the straight-six Datsun head to show the Ferrari logo! Probably as close as I'll ever get to the real deal. Same deal with the old Beck 550 Porsches (now Thunder Ranch) -- lustworthy!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.