BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know we've heard over and over the whole debate about the new 7 and how it sucks or it's cool, etc. I've largely liked it, save the trunk, but...

... when I left work today, I was two cars back from a new e65 and my lord, it was absolutely stunning! I was so struck by it it's not funny. I managed to pass it, and when you get to about the 3/4 view from the back, it really looks agile and muscular. The Lexus following it looked so old-school in comparison.

That car rocks! Seeing it in motion finally put any doubts to rest in my mind that it's a winner.

Now if I could only drive one...
:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree. It looks 100% better in person. I never thought it looked bad in the first place. Of course the first time I saw it was in person anyway. It really has a "muscular" look to it. I also fail to see how people can compare it to an american car styling. I will say that the side area near the trunk lid does look a bit odd. However, the overall shape of the car is awesome.

Eric

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eboller said:
I agree. It looks 100% better in person. I never thought it looked bad in the first place. Of course the first time I saw it was in person anyway. It really has a "muscular" look to it. I also fail to see how people can compare it to an american car styling. I will say that the side area near the trunk lid does look a bit odd. However, the overall shape of the car is awesome.

Eric
When I looked at them at the dealership, I couldn't really get past the trunk myself. But seeing it rolling along, it all made sense for some reason like some zen thing. Weird.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
:thumb:

I've never really had problems with the trunk, iDrive, etc. I've always liked the E65. I drove it (my sales advisor was happy to let me test drive it knowing I was not going to buy it - well after buying two brand new Bimmers from him in the same year, I guess that's the very least he could do :D). The car really is agile. It really doesn't feel like a big sedan...

You're right about the Lexus... Here's how I look at the LS430's design (I may get flamed for this, but will say it anyway): a car with German doors (notice how hard they try to copy MB) and Japanese front and rear...

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Imola Ed said:
I know we've heard over and over the whole debate about the new 7 and how it sucks or it's cool, etc. I've largely liked it, save the trunk, but...

... when I left work today, I was two cars back from a new e65 and my lord, it was absolutely stunning! I was so struck by it it's not funny. I managed to pass it, and when you get to about the 3/4 view from the back, it really looks agile and muscular. The Lexus following it looked so old-school in comparison.

That car rocks! Seeing it in motion finally put any doubts to rest in my mind that it's a winner.

Now if I could only drive one...
:D
Did I not tell you? The lines that may look awkward blends in and become harmonious when the car is moving. It gets better looking as it approaches 100mph too. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.