BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

If you order NAV

1199 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  darrylo
do you get bluetooth automatically, or is it an option?

(330Cic with Nav... April sometime...)
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Bluetooth is included in the Assist by single option or in the Premium Package (Assist is part of the package).
330soon said:

Ah. I ordered ZHP but not Assist. So I guess it won't have it. Never mind.

Thanks!
It only comes with the premium or assist options, except for the 330ci convertible, in which case it only appears to come with the assist option:

http://www.bmwtransact.com/bluetooth/Supported_Vehicles.htm
330soon said:

... I did not realize that the vehicle in question is a 330CiC and thus no Premium Package. :thumbup:
darrylo said:
It only comes with the premium or assist options, except for the 330ci convertible, in which case it only appears to come with the assist option:

http://www.bmwtransact.com/bluetooth/Supported_Vehicles.htm
Thanks guys.

(Is Assist actually worth it, in any one's opinion? I thought I'd get Lojack, but couldn't see the point of Assist).
If interested in LoJack, Assist in 2005 includes the Stolen Vehicle Recovery service. :thumbup:
330soon said:
Thanks guys.

(Is Assist actually worth it, in any one's opinion? I thought I'd get Lojack, but couldn't see the point of Assist).
God, '04 BMW Assist just gets suckier and suckier :mad:

--J.
Technic said:
If interested in LoJack, Assist in 2005 includes the Stolen Vehicle Recovery service. :thumbup:
The BMW sales guy actually dissuaded me regarding Assist. Since it uses the sat antenna, he said the first thing a savvy thief would do would be to disconnect it. Then the car cannot be located.
Technic said:
Yeah, the stolen vehicle recovery feature is, in my opinion, questionable. However, keep in mind that BMWs (recent ones, at leas) seem to be mostly "stolen" via:

• Carjacking. Lojack/assist might or might not help, here.
  • Tow truck.
  • Stolen/lost car key.
Hotwiring a BMW doesn't seem to work, due to the coded driveaway protection.

For me (it may be different for others), a smash-and-grab is probably more of a problem than a stolen car (I don't think many thieves use a tow truck, although it has been known to happen).
330soon said:
The BMW sales guy actually dissuaded me regarding Assist. Since it uses the sat antenna, he said the first thing a savvy thief would do would be to disconnect it. Then the car cannot be located.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.