BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... you should see the rest of my car!

It snowed here for three days, and now it is raining . Mix the rain with all of the sand applied to the roads and voila!

Time for a bath.

Patrick

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
:yikes: :yikes:

I think I just passed out for 30 seconds :eeps:

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PM 325xiT said:
:yikes: :yikes:

I think I just passed out for 30 seconds :eeps:
:D If I wasn't so lazy, I would have taken pictures of the car! It is an odd combination of silver and dark brown metallic. :confused:

Only six months until this is over ...

Patrick

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Patrick 320d said:

Only six months until this is over ...

Patrick
:eek:

:lmao: :lmao:

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, the bad thing is that my car is ruining my tiled garage floor! :yikes:

I will have to do something about that soon.

Sorry about the image size; I still have to figure that out!

Patrick

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
Don't feel bad...

Patrick,

Don't feel bad. My car was just as dirty if not worse untill this weekend. Here in the UK I have had three weeks straight of wet fog, mist, drizzle, pouring rain, and frost (which brings out the sand/salt trucks). THREE WEEKS!:banghead:

My wheels were dark grey and my car was so dirty I left finger marks when opening and closing the trunk! It didn't help that my daughter takes horse riding lessons at a place accesses by a semi-paved (read mostly dirt) road :tsk:

I was to the point on Sunday, that if it didn't dry out a little, I was just going to go out and wash it in the rain anyway!

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Don't feel bad...

Desertnate said:
Don't feel bad. My car was just as dirty if not worse untill this weekend. Here in the UK I have had three weeks straight of wet fog, mist, drizzle, pouring rain, and frost (which brings out the sand/salt trucks). THREE WEEKS!:banghead:
I can understand your weather - I am from Seattle!

Post a picture of your BMW; lets see whose is most in need of detailing! Alee will shit himself in the mean time ... :D

Patrick

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
Re: Re: Don't feel bad...

Patrick 320d said:

I can understand your weather - I am from Seattle!

Post a picture of your BMW; lets see whose is most in need of detailing! Alee will shit himself in the mean time ... :D

Patrick
Sunday we had a break in the weather and I ran out for a quick wash...since then it rained and the fog/mist has returned:( I have given up on having a clean car until May.

I wish I had taken some pics! That would have been funny to compare!

I guess you hold the title for the "car most needing a good bath" unless some of the New England folks start posting their snow/salt/mud/yuck pics.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brashland said:
Tile garage, fancy!
Great for washing the car during the winter (the floor is even heated!), but I am now seeing the downside. With the road salting, I will be washing the wheel wells after any day of above zero weather ...

And I will probably re-grout next spring! :confused:

Patrick

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: Re: Don't feel bad...

Desertnate said:
I guess you hold the title for the "car most needing a good bath" unless some of the New England folks start posting their snow/salt/mud/yuck pics.
Give me a week without washing! :D

Oh, that would be completely normal actually.

Patrick

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
You should just install and automatic touchless carwash in your garage...

It could be like a huge dishwasher :D

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nate328Ci said:
You should just install and automatic touchless carwash in your garage...

It could be like a huge dishwasher :D
DAMN GOOD idea! With this weather, I could do some serious business!

Patrick

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
Patrick 320d said:

DAMN GOOD idea! With this weather, I could do some serious business!

Patrick
You're not kidding...

Do you have daylight problems like I do? I am sure they are worse than where I am. If I can find some decent weather, I then have to plan my day so that I can use some of the 8 hours of light to wash the car. If it is cloudy or foggy, knock that figure down to 6 or so...

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Desertnate said:
You're not kidding...

Do you have daylight problems like I do? I am sure they are worse than where I am. If I can find some decent weather, I then have to plan my day so that I can use some of the 8 hours of light to wash the car. If it is cloudy or foggy, knock that figure down to 6 or so...
Lets see. The sun rose this morning at 0858 and set 1607. With all of the rain and fog (and my jet lag) I haven't been sure how long the day was.

However, after 21 December, it gets better!

Patrick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts