Recently one of the ignition coils went bad in my 2008 BMW e91 (touring) and I replaced it with a local brand myself. I don't want to have it running for long, just so that I wont end up having an issue again when I am far from town, so I would like to replace all 4 of the ignition coils with 'BOSCH' ignition coils. I see that the part number on my ignition coil was 0221504100.
I had a few questions:
- When I looked on realoem.com
, with the details I provided I get a different part number. I get these numbers: 12138616153, 12137575010 (12/15/2006 ? ), Exchangeable retrospectively, 12137550012. So, do any of these work on my vehicle? They actually look different when I look at the pictures in the internet from what I have on my car.
- Can I buy any ignition coil with the above part numbers? Although they look different than the one that I currently have.
- Is BOSCH really better than a local brand?
- How much should I be pay typically?
- I think I noticed there are 4 coils. Am I right?
- Are pre-owned ones any good?
- Is there anything else I need to take into account while buying?
- Should I consider changing the spark plugs too?