BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost done with my turbo project on my 328i, M52B28.

I'm getting a really weak spark. I removed the plug/coil and am grounding the tip of the coil against the chassis with pressure to seat it in the boot. When I ground out Pin 1 of the stock ECU harness, it gives a really weak spark.

There are three pins on the coil. What are they? What does this need to work? I don't understand why a straight ground out of the coil trigger output on the stock harness won't fire it.

On the three pin harness that plugs into the coil I'm getting 12V, Grnd, Nothing.

Help?

·
Registered
274 Posts
From a 96 2.8 diagram

green is common positive, brown is common ground and blk/wht is an individual wire from each coil to the DME

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From a 96 2.8 diagram

green is common positive, brown is common ground and blk/wht is an individual wire from each coil to the DME
The blk/white wire... what is required to make the coil spark? Straight ground? Some sort of oscillating pulse? Thanks for your help.

I'm hooking this up to spark outputs on MS3. I understand how the MS3 works, and I can convert it to whatever signal is necessary, but I don't know what it needs!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Each blk/white wire goes to the DME which would indicate it's the wire that carries the signal from the DME to the coil to fire. If you want the wiring diagram of the engine management PM me with your vin and email address so I can send you a copy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Each blk/white wire goes to the DME which would indicate it's the wire that carries the signal from the DME to the coil to fire. If you want the wiring diagram of the engine management PM me with your vin and email address so I can send you a copy.
can you pm me for a copy too? thank you in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts