BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

So i have a question about a different car but the symptoms are very similar to the e39, which is why im posting here just to get an idea. So basically a friend of mine has a Nissan Pathfinder 1998 SE, and it seems to me that it is exibiting the same problems as the e39 have when their ignition switches go bad. So the symptoms on my friends car include: randomly starting up (without key in ignition and the car does not have remote start up), electrical system randomly cutting out, while battery still has power, car randomly cutting out while driving. my question is, when ignition switches go bad on other cars, do they have similar/same symptoms as the e39 or are our symptoms exclusive to the e39?

Khan

·
Registered
15,677 Posts
Hard to tell. All cars are a little different.

So, have you searched on the Nissan forum?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
didnt go to a nissan forum, i was just trying to see if our cars were unique in these symptoms, or if this was one of those common problems that occur on other cars as well.

·
Der Ursprüngliche....Albo
1,008 Posts
It does happen to other cars. My dads Toyota Avalon (2007)..had an issue where the car would occasionally shut off at random intervals... after the third time it happened, he dropped at the dealership and didn't take it back until it was fixed. They replaced the ignition switch...eventually...and the problem hasnt come back since. Its been about 3 1/2 years.

Sent from my ADR6300

1 - 5 of 5 Posts