BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I was using Bimmercode and noticed a strange behavior. At first I started getting ignition switch on warning even when the ignition was off and I opened the driver door. I disconnected and reconnected the ODB adapter and now the warning has stopped working when the ignition is on. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

·
Registered
13,399 Posts
You might want to start over...and reveal WHAT you were doing with the Bimmercode app. "Strange behavior" doesn't usually occur out of thin air...which means you may have done something when coding that created the "behavior" that is strange, now.

But without knowing what you were trying to code or what module you were in...gives us no context in regards to making any goo suggestions/recommendations/answers. If you can narrow down with some details what you did, were doing, or what you tried to do prior to the strange behavior...perhaps someone that has selected or attempted the same coding could be helpful in resolving your issue. :)

Bimmercode also makes backups. You may need to select a date prior to whatever you just did to see if that returns things to the way they used to be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might want to start over...and reveal WHAT you were doing with the Bimmercode app. "Strange behavior" doesn't usually occur out of thin air...which means you may have done something when coding that created the "behavior" that is strange, now.

But without knowing what you were trying to code or what module you were in...gives us no context in regards to making any goo suggestions/recommendations/answers. If you can narrow down with some details what you did, were doing, or what you tried to do prior to the strange behavior...perhaps someone that has selected or attempted the same coding could be helpful in resolving your issue. :)
All I did was restore from a previous backup to fix another issue. The last time I coded it to disable startup warning, backup warning and changed the startup animation it decreased the audio output to 50%. Restore didn't fix the sound issue, reverted it to disable all those settings with another backup. That's when this problem started. Didn't do anything in Expert mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.