BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming to the end of my service warranty and I want to get a complete break job done under the wire. I have been running stock rotors with axxis pads, but I want to get the new rotors under warranty.

I will either pay you $30 (plus shipping) for your worn set or remove the new OEM pads and send them to you for free.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I have my OEM pads boxed up and in my garage. They aren’t technically worn out… they have a lot of pad left on them, but are glazed pretty good. Do you still want them?

I still have my badly scorn OEM rotors too, if you want them. LMK

·
We want the Lion!
7,771 Posts
italia330i said:
Coming to the end of my service warranty and I want to get a complete break job done under the wire. I have been running stock rotors with axxis pads, but I want to get the new rotors under warranty.

I will either pay you $30 (plus shipping) for your worn set or remove the new OEM pads and send them to you for free.
:thumbdwn:

FWIW, unless you know how to activate the sensor on the dash, the dealer will know what you're trying to do.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Scott ZHP said:

FWIW, unless you know how to activate the sensor on the dash, the dealer will know what you're trying to do.
Dremel.

·
We want the Lion!
7,771 Posts
The HACK said:
Yeah, I know what to do. The question is does this guy?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The HACK said:
LOL I went at em with a HACKsaw and due to my terrible sawing skills, I started cutting into the metal plate. :mad:

I have a dremel and some nice grinding bits, but now I think I screwed up the first pad so badly that it can't be recovered.... unless I just grind it down to the metal. :p

The thing is... I am not really trying to stick it to them... it is more like I shouldn't have to live with all that break dust from teh OEM pads. Just because I choose a dusltess pad, shouldn't prevent me from getting new rotors when they are bellow the minimum thickness and I am under warranty.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scott ZHP said:

I am not sure that is completely true. They will do the break job based on the pad thickness, not whether the sensor is activated. That idea being that the pads will be thick enough to not activate the sensor, but still thin enough to warrant the work.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andy said:
I have my OEM pads boxed up and in my garage. They aren't technically worn out… they have a lot of pad left on them, but are glazed pretty good. Do you still want them?

I still have my badly scorn OEM rotors too, if you want them. LMK
Thanks for the offer, but I am not THAT cheap that I would replace the rotors. :rofl: And I don't think the glazed pads would cut it. But thanks.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
italia330i said:
I am not sure that is completely true. They will do the break job based on the pad thickness, not whether the sensor is activated. That idea being that the pads will be thick enough to not activate the sensor, but still thin enough to warrant the work.
Santa Monica BMW refused to change my pads and rotors because the sensor hadn't come on.

A week later, the sensor came on, and they changed them all when I raised hell.

B*stards.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plaz said:
Santa Monica BMW refused to change my pads and rotors because the sensor hadn't come on.

A week later, the sensor came on, and they changed them all when I raised hell.

B*stards.
It was probably just you. :p Because they (meaning SM) did my first break job before the sensor came on. AND that next week I went to Laguna Seca and left some major pad deposit on the front rotors, so much so that they rattled like crazy under breaking. Took it back in and told them they had tightened my wheel bolts too tight and warped the rotors. They replaced them, but did comment on the hot spots on the rotors. :angel:

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
italia330i said:
It was probably just you. :p Because they (meaning SM) did my first break job before the sensor came on. AND that next week I went to Laguna Seca and left some major pad deposit on the front rotors, so much so that they rattled like crazy under breaking. Took it back in and told them they had tightened my wheel bolts too tight and warped the rotors. They replaced them, but did comment on the hot spots on the rotors. :angel:
:flipoff: :rofl:

Just all the more reason to think they're slimy nogoodniks!

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,078 Posts
italia330i said:
It was probably just you. :p Because they (meaning SM) did my first break job before the sensor came on.
Apparently this is the "normal" practice nowadays sad to say. Crevier did the same thing to me. Pissed me off. :madrazz: Even though my front pads were at minimum spec, they wouldn't do it because the "light wasn't on". :rolleyes:

·
hockey-holic
322 Posts
Dang, just missed. I just did my pads a couple weeks ago. Good luck.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
doeboy said:
Apparently this is the "normal" practice nowadays sad to say. Crevier did the same thing to me. Pissed me off. :madrazz: Even though my front pads were at minimum spec, they wouldn't do it because the "light wasn't on". :rolleyes:
:stupid: but from the bastages at Beverly Hills BMW :mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts