BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
if you really want to get technical, you are supposed to have your high beams on when you drive over 40mph at night. youre supposed to go back to low beams as a common courtesy. at least thats what it says in the colorado drivers hand book (only read this segment to end argument with my dad on the same subject). so as long as youre lights are DOT approved with a yellow tint, yes they are legal. now the 10kelvin hella baja lights that i used in my mazda, those were not DOT legal.

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
state law is different everywhere.

yellow headlights (high or low beams) are illegal in PA.

as for driving with highbeams on .. you guys must have almost no road traffic in colorado. its illegal to blind oncoming traffic or traffic in your lane with high beams here. you can do it if you're way out in the boones or somehow you find yourself alone on a road in the middle of the night. but the first cop you pass with your high beams on is gogn to pull over if there are other cars around you.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
state law is different everywhere.

yellow headlights (high or low beams) are illegal in PA.

as for driving with highbeams on .. you guys must have almost no road traffic in colorado. its illegal to blind oncoming traffic or traffic in your lane with high beams here. you can do it if you're way out in the boones or somehow you find yourself alone on a road in the middle of the night. but the first cop you pass with your high beams on is gogn to pull over if there are other cars around you.
similar laws here in NZ, except that when your following cars you can still have them on, thats what a dim mirror is for. Not allowed to apply any colour film or paint etc to any lights though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.