BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very excited, and decided to pop in here.

I'm getting a Steel Gray, with gray leather, wood, premiunm, steptronic, Alarm, and home link.

My friend is the service manager there and is gonna install the home link and alrm for free, got it for $1500 over invoice,

is that a good deal?

Hope to pick it up tomorrow, it just came in today...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't get the wood!

Wood is for any car but a BMW. I like the black and Aluminum trim. I have yet to see a wood I like. Maybe Ebony, but that would be too much. And these cars are in the new millenium where wood is out dude. I would also make sure to get the SP or you will probably regret it. Also get the 5 speed manual, you will appreciate the extra acceleration. But altogether it doesn't matter because it is your car! Enjoy!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so......

other than getting:

the wrong color

the wrong colored interior

the wrong interior feature (wood innstead of metal)

the wrong transmission

and the wrong package (not the SP)

you think I'm making a GREAT choice?

(I'm joking with you but I love being sarcastic...)

gotta go I'll read any other posts Monday, I'm taking tomorrow off to get it and DRIVE...

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Congrats unleas. Be sure to post pics! :thumb:

Wish I could have had my car without the wait. I am ordering today or tomorrow, looking at late May delivery. *sigh* Too difficult to get a manual with Navi any other way...

--SONET

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
I love the wood.

I also love the sport seats and Styling 68M wheels, though... highly recommend getting both packages.

But hey, to each his own! Congrats, and enjoy!

·
Registered
674 Posts
unleasHell said:
very excited, and decided to pop in here.

I'm getting a Steel Gray, with gray leather, wood, premiunm, steptronic, Alarm, and home link.

My friend is the service manager there and is gonna install the home link and alrm for free, got it for $1500 over invoice,

is that a good deal?

Hope to pick it up tomorrow, it just came in today...
You people are really lucky. I paid 2215 over invoice. No complimentary stuff. They can do it because they are the only bmw around.

grrrrrrrrrrr...........

How about introducing your friend to me??

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I've owned mine for a week and the excitement hasn't left. I doubt it EVER will! :thumb:

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
SONET said:
Congrats unleas. Be sure to post pics! :thumb:

Wish I could have had my car without the wait. I am ordering today or tomorrow, looking at late May delivery. *sigh* Too difficult to get a manual with Navi any other way...

--SONET
Actually, (in retrospect) the wait is one of the best parts. I ordered my 323Ci new, and had to endure the 3 month wait; I bought the M3 used (almost, but not quite, on a whim), so there was no wait at all. The wait, and the anticipation it brings, makes delivery day that much better. Just think: three months of checking the boards every day, obsessing over every detail, having two brochures (one in your desk and one next to the bed) so that you can thumb through one whenever the mood strikes, letting your mind drift to "BMW" inscribed cam covers during meetings, thinking about the shape of the Z axle, the routing of the exhaust, the feel of the shifter...there's nothing quite like it to build up enthusiasm for the car and the marque.

In contrast, buying the car off the lot is sort of a letdown. You go there, see the car, buy the car, drive home the next day, and while you HAVE the car, you don't KNOW the car in the same way that you know EVERY DETAIL about the one that you ordered and waited three months for. You gradually learn the car, and spend a lot of time doing things like wiping down the engine and reading the owner's manual, but it just isn't the same.

Order the car, endure the wait. It's part of the magic of BMW ownership.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
ObD said:
I've owned mine for a week and the excitement hasn't left. I doubt it EVER will! :thumb:
It won't; I've had mine for almost 8 months and I'm still a giggly school girl when I drive it. ;) (not really folks, just illustrating my point!)

Your car satisfaction level greatly increases when you switch back to summer wheels/tires as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.