BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal.

I want a new car (BMW, why else would I be here) and I have ~$15,000 to spend. What should I get? Most importantly, WHAT SHOULD I AVOID?

2 door is OK
NO convertable
Manuel tranny

Beyond that, I don't care.

This will be posted in the 3 and 5 Series forum, as I would consider both.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, if you are going to look at cars.com, autotrader.com, or etc. Look at a 500 mile radius of 94518. I will go anywhere in California, Oregon, Nevada (me), Utah, Arizona, etc.

There is so much good stuff in LA for a ****le, so I will go their is needed.

:banghead: I like <-- smiley!

·
10,856 Posts
You should be able to get a nice '93-'95 325i for that... A friend of mine found a '93 325i in great shape with 68K for 9K. It was white with a grey interior, though... It looks like there are some 525s available, too.

·
10,856 Posts
JPinTO said:
Buy yourself some beater for $10k and a 50" Plasma TV for the other $5k! :thumbup:
He can still get a 325i for that! :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I am a speaker guy. JBL and Klipsch for me. I am young and poor, this will be car loan and paid off slowly. I can afford insurance through a nice, but legal loophole, so I can buy anything.

:flipoff: he, he, he

·
Registered
526 Posts
Unless you have an obsession to have the car fully paided off during purchase, why not just finance, lease, or do owner's choice.

My preference is on owner's choice. Keep $10K of your money, get a 02 or 03 probably, and have a monthly payment under $500.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you should be able to pick up a 328is 5 spd for that kinda dough, I did and love it :D

Mine was a bit higher in dollars cause of the mileage and condition but there were options for around $15k I think if I woulda bargained a bit.

Or finance half and take some cash to the shop for a lil xtra hp...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts