BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
jenkx
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been lurking around the forums for a few years now, finally decided to join. I've learned a lot about my car and have done a good amount of maintenance myself based on the things I've learned here.

The all Chrome wheels are my old rims. I picked up the Asanti AF142's about a month ago and painted my brake calipers red. 22x9.5 up front and 22x11 in the back. I might add spacers to push them out a little more but I'm afraid the wheels may rub cuz the car is dropped on H&R's. Anyone with experience here? I'm eventually going to color match the wheels cuz the car is Black Sapphire Metalic while the wheels are Jet Black. It still looks good but I won't be totally satisfied till their color matched.

I'm thinking of adding a light smoke to my head and tail lights. I'm also thinking about changing the front and rear bumpers, any suggestions on bumpers or kits?

***Added a couple more pics***

If you look closely at the side skirts you can see where I drove in some fresh blue paint that fell off a truck right in front of me SMH.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Welcome to the fest! Car looks good so far. I think your chrome wheels painted black would have looked nicer then your asantis IMO. Are you planning on smoking out your whole taillights or just portion of it? I smoked out the white part of my taillights only and was really happy with the results. Smoking out headlights will greatly reduce your light output, I had them on my car and eventually went back to original.

·
David
3,549 Posts
Welcome to the fest! I think your car looks great!

I would personally leave the headlights alone and smoke only the white section of the tails as quarter suggested. This will leave the red part of the tails exposed and will look nice with your red calipers.

My favorite front for the 745 is the ACS bumper.

·
jenkx
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The Asanti's are WAY smoother and much lighter. I think it because the Asanti's are an exact fit while I used hub centric rings on the other wheels and two of the rings began to bend out of shape for some reason. The other wheels weren't staggered.

Thanks for the advise on the lights. I think I'll go that direction.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Welcome to the fest! Your ride looks good! I will buy your rims ASAP $700.00 PM ME

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome nice car love the blk on chrome and nice job on the calipers they stand out

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.