BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I'm really fed up with NH drivers!

1207 14
Today I was almost taken out by some dumbass in an F-350.... Here's what happened:

I was coming home from Borders after getting some last-minute things to read before I go on vacation tomorrow. I was at the beginning of I-393, which is a highway that just starts, if you know what I mean... I'll try to explain it better.. I was on Main Street. It's three lanes. The left lane turns left at this particular light, the middle lane can go straight, left, or right, and the right lane goes right. I was in the middle lane. So the light turns green and I turn onto the left lane of 393. About 200 feet down the road there's another light, for some reason. At the time I turned the corner, the light was red, but before I reached it it turned green. There were only a few cars in front of me in the left lane, so I didn't have to slow down or anything. In the right lane, there was a line. There was an F350 in the right lane going about 60. The cars in front of him had just started up, so they were going maybe 20. This genius just swerves into my lane without checking his mirrors or anything. This forced me to go into the shoulder, but luckily it's pretty wide in that part. I honked my horn to let him know I was there in case he did it by accident and hadn't seen me. THEN the guy rolls down his window and gives me the middle finger! :confused: The sad part is that things like this happen all the time around here. The drivers in NH, Mass, Maine, etc. SUCK!!!

Ok, done ranting. For now. :mad:
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
I agree.

Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just say that some guy in an an F350 swerved across a couple lanes, ran you off the road and then flipped you the bird for your trouble? :dunno:
Curious Joel said:
The drivers in NH, Mass, Maine, etc. SUCK!!!
Ok.... But I like to be descriptive.
·clyde· said:
I agree.

Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just say that some guy in an an F350 swerved across a couple lanes, ran you off the road and then flipped you the bird for your trouble? :dunno:
I agree too. I heard about this one guy that drove into his house while trying to drive into his garage.
Curious Joel said:
Today I was almost taken out by some dumbass in an F-350.... Here's what happened:

I was coming home from Borders after getting some last-minute things to read before I go on vacation tomorrow. I was at the beginning of I-393, which is a highway that just starts, if you know what I mean... I'll try to explain it better.. I was on Main Street. It's three lanes. The left lane turns left at this particular light, the middle lane can go straight, left, or right, and the right lane goes right. I was in the middle lane. So the light turns green and I turn onto the left lane of 393. About 200 feet down the road there's another light, for some reason. At the time I turned the corner, the light was red, but before I reached it it turned green. There were only a few cars in front of me in the left lane, so I didn't have to slow down or anything. In the right lane, there was a line. There was an F350 in the right lane going about 60. The cars in front of him had just started up, so they were going maybe 20. This genius just swerves into my lane without checking his mirrors or anything. This forced me to go into the shoulder, but luckily it's pretty wide in that part. I honked my horn to let him know I was there in case he did it by accident and hadn't seen me. THEN the guy rolls down his window and gives me the middle finger! :confused: The sad part is that things like this happen all the time around here. The drivers in NH, Mass, Maine, etc. SUCK!!!

Ok, done ranting. For now. :mad:
Driving in most of New England is the pits, no matter where you are. Of course I am just a little frazzed from my weekly jaunt down and back to Boston. Why can't people drive properly on Storrow Drive? Why can't they drive in the lines on the Fenway? It is amazing to me.
Come to Texas. More dumba$$es in F350s than there are dashes on the road.
I would have followed him and keyed the hell out of that car!!!

LOL Just Kidding!
Lol!

CJ,
Whatever you do don't drive in Australia, you'l have a nervous breakdown from our shocking drivers :rolleyes:

our drivers just have to pass a computer test to get their learners permits and do a 30 min drive with a licence test guy from the DMV, after doing around 120 hours of driving on our 'L' permit to get our licences :rolleyes:

The result: A nation of piss-poor drivers, and only a small percenatge of good ones who actually take driving seriously.
dsheli said:
I would have followed him and keyed the hell out of that car!!!

LOL Just Kidding!
Thirty minutes?? Mine was about fifteen :D
X5Jones said:
Lol!

CJ,
Whatever you do don't drive in Australia, you'l have a nervous breakdown from our shocking drivers :rolleyes:

our drivers just have to pass a computer test to get their learners permits and do a 30 min drive with a licence test guy from the DMV, after doing around 120 hours of driving on our 'L' permit to get our licences :rolleyes:

The result: A nation of piss-poor drivers, and only a small percenatge of good ones who actually take driving seriously.
Haha yeah, but you have to take Drivers-Ed don't you?
dnickels said:
Thirty minutes?? Mine was about fifteen :D
I just returned from about 5 days up in NH, and I have to say that I was very impressed by the quality of road conditions (Michigan's crappy roads being my basis for comparison) and the general lack of traffic congestion. Two thumbs up for NH, in my book :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jeff, good to see you back. :thumbup:

Hope you had a good time in NH and how did your daughters' team do? Did you get in any skiing btw? :)
UCrewX5 said:
I just returned from about 5 days up in NH, and I have to say that I was very impressed by the quality of road conditions (Michigan's crappy roads being my basis for comparison) and the general lack of traffic congestion. Two thumbs up for NH, in my book :thumbup: :thumbup:
I've got news for ya, CJ. There is an abundance of sucky drivers in every state of the Union. And that's not just limited to the USA, as X5Jones illustrated. Just leave New England someday and find out first hand.

Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)
Exactly, Its too bad idiots are not geographically contained. They are everywhere and they drive eveything.
Jes
PeteG said:
I've got news for ya, CJ. There is an abundance of sucky drivers in every state of the Union. And that's not just limited to the USA, as X5Jones illustrated. Just leave New England someday and find out first hand.

Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)
Gee, that sounds like Quebec drivers. I don't think in Canada there is another province with so many terrible drivers.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.