BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been planning to vacation in Bavaria for the past couple months, and it just occured to me that I'm going 1 week after production will be completed on my car! I called my dealer to ask if I could pick it up, and yes I can! They'll put me up in a hotel for one night, and then when I'm done with my vacation I can drive/ferry it home!!!

I'm so excited! I get to pick up my car 1 month earlier than it was expected here in the UK!!!

Whoopie!!!

Plus it saves us the rental car I was going to get while I was there :roundel:

I was going to post this on facebook, but then I realized I should tell people who would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Wow! You truly lucked out! Enjoy it! :thumbup:

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
Lol, I guess UK doesn't do ED :p. Lucky timing (or was it your subconscious?) have fun with it!

·
Registered
505 Posts
My buddy and I did almost the reverse trip that you are going to do. He ordered a new Land Rover LR4 with factory delivery. We flew to Birmingham, picked up the LR4, did the off-road driving Land Rover experience they have w/ a factory tour and drove it back to Germany. We stopped a couple days in London, ferried the car at Dover, spent two nights in Brussels, and drove back to Germany the next day it was an awesome trip.

I'm not sure what your Germany plans are in Bavaria, but I would definitely recommend a stop to see the altstadt in Regensburg on the way back from Munich, Neuschwanstein, and the other Bavarian go-tos.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wow, and you didn't even sign up for ED?

You'll have a blast. I was in Munich in the fall. Missed out on the BMW museum though cause the significant other doesn't know MB from BMW. She still thinks I drive an MB.

·
Captain Crunch
164 Posts
Great timing, enjoy the trip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts