BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatever broke off or fell down into the vents is in the defrost vent in front of the windsheild. I've been working on it for the last hour and there is no way to get to whatever it is!!!! SHIT!!!!! :mad: :mad: I bet someone at my bonehead dealer dropped something down in there.

·
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alan F said:
Did you try a vacuum with an attachment of some type to suck it out ??

You'd be surprised how well it could work
At the angle it's at and being so close to the windshield that won't work with any of the attachments that I have. I'm going to have to think something up. This is going to drive me nuts! :mad:

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Did you try that tool that is like a claw at the end of it. It is a flexible tool that is long and skinny and it has a push type of button on one end that you push down on this button and it opens the claw that is on the other end.

It's used to get hings out of hard to reach places . . .

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Sean said:
Whatever broke off or fell down into the vents is in the defrost vent in front of the windsheild. I've been working on it for the last hour and there is no way to get to whatever it is!!!! SHIT!!!!! :mad: :mad: I bet someone at my bonehead dealer dropped something down in there.
Take your car back to dealer Monday and them fish it out. If it is something they dropped you will know when they show you what it is/was. Regardless, it will be out there!

To quote A Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (a Trilogy in 5 parts): "Don't Panic."

Patrick

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
One other thing . . . did you try taking turns VERY sharp, do a lot of quick lefts and rights . . . maybe you could shake it out of there . . . :dunno:

Did you try turnig your car upside down . . . I hear that works ;) ;) ;)

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
what was dealer working on?

why was the dealer working inside the car? let's hope that the object lodged in ur vents has some iron in it or that magnet trick could prove useless and just an exercise in futility.

how did you determine that something has fallen into the vents? (just curious)

did you try turning the fan on to full power, maybe it'll blow out. :)

·
superwagon pilot
'17 991.2C, '19 e450 wagon, 11 135iC, 09 x3
1,407 Posts
Sean said:

At the angle it's at and being so close to the windshield that won't work with any of the attachments that I have. I'm going to have to think something up. This is going to drive me nuts! :mad:
Go get a small, 1/4" or so, piece of flexible of PVC tubing, and a roll of duct tape. Make your own adapter with the PVC tubing into one of your vacuum cleaner attachments, tape it up so it doesn't leak and try that. Good luck. You can slice the end of the tubing at an angle to get into even smaller areas.

JEC

·
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alan F said:
One other thing . . . did you try taking turns VERY sharp, do a lot of quick lefts and rights . . . maybe you could shake it out of there . . . :dunno:

Did you try turnig your car upside down . . . I hear that works ;) ;) ;)
Trust me I've done lots of the 1st one and I wish the 2nd one was possible. ;)

·
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: what was dealer working on?

ChrisTO said:
why was the dealer working inside the car? let's hope that the object lodged in ur vents has some iron in it or that magnet trick could prove useless and just an exercise in futility.

how did you determine that something has fallen into the vents? (just curious)

did you try turning the fan on to full power, maybe it'll blow out. :)
They replaced the Cd player (would not eject) and the wood trim above it. At 1st I thought it was in the A/C - Heating vents, but after further sharp left and right turns I've determined it's in the defrost vents which is a totally differnt part from the A/C vents

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.