Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I'm in need of some advice please, I'm thinking of financing a BMW 318D M SPORT 4dr 143 S/S over 48 months. I've viewed the car twice, some of the downsides are:

Mileage - 122395
Radiator - Holes in the radiator from stones etc
Cosmetic - Discoloured panel M badges (Although easily replaceable)

Apart from that it's in really good inside and out condition i.e. no rips or stretches in the leather, no scratches on the interior, no scratches on the bodywork.

I guess I'm just wanting to know whether to stay well away with it being high mileage?
Are they really as expensive to run and maintain as what people say?
Is there anything in particular to look out for if I were to view it again?
Is that particular model good for 200+ if I maintained it well?

I've copied the link - https://www.topcarsales.co.uk/used-BMW-3 SERIES-Huddersfield-Yorkshire-1859763#tabs-here

Any information would be greatly received!

Thank you :)_a_

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Holes in the radiator would be very concerning to me. Are you sure there are holes? Or dented fins.

If the cost of maintenance and repair on a high milage used car is concerning you should look at a new(er) car. It is inevitable that parts will wear and need to be replaced as the miles go up. The price should reflect that fact. FWIW one of my cars has 221000 miles and I fully intend to run it past 300000. It costs less to repair than to replace the car.

You should have a prepurchase inspection performed by a good BMW mechanic. Then price the car for your area using a service comparable to Edmunds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great advice!

Hi guys!

Thank you both for your advice. My apologies, yes it's the fins that are missing- some strips are missing, some are dented and there are quite big holes like a stone has taken a few rows out. it's in miles but like I said it's in really good condition, I've got a low mileage car now on finance but due to my hours being cut in half- I'm needing a lower monthly payment, hence the idea of swapping. Have you both viewed the car via the link? is that particular model more reliable than other BMW models? I've been told when I test drive it tomorrow to listen out for knocking in the steering? :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts