BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

The rear bumper Impact Strips on mine have some paint from the bumper that was painted last week by the Body Shop. I guess they didn't mask it off properly and now they're not agreeing to clean them either!... They say "there's not much they can do about it now"

For those who don't know what Impact Strips are, they are the moulding/trim on the exterior of the car.

I'm basically looking for a cheaper or online source where I can purchase these for my

2003 e46... it's a Canadian model vehicle 320i

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :)

·
Keeping it surreal
43,276 Posts
I don`t know about Canadian law, but in the US, they would be held responsible....do you have Small Claims Court in The Great White North?

Regards,
Bob

·
10,856 Posts
They painted the bumper with the trim installed? :eek:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ouch, just had my bumper painted and I made it clear I didnt want that to happen during the estimate. Happy to say min came with not a spot of overspray.

I would try some of the more aggressive detailing clay first, the red clay Magic brand comes to mind. It does wonders for overspray, keep in mind I have a mental picture of "some" overspray and you might be way beyond that.

good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys,

I tried claying. Rather than overspray, it's more so "bleeding"... I guess they masked it, but not totally to the edges... It took me 2 minutes to remove the moulding, I don't know why they wouldn't do the same!

Anyway, does anyone know of any good online stores that sell BMW parts such as these "Impact Strips"?

Your help is always greatly appreciated.

Regards!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Circle BMW or Pacific BMW, easy to find websites but you will have to call for that part I doubt it would be listed unless you have the part #?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts