BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To this day I'm still amazed at the fuel economy of my 323. No matter how hard I drive it, that gas gauge still crawls its way down so slowly. I still remember my old Grand Am GT. You could actually see the needle moving as you accelerated hard. :yikes:

·
10,856 Posts
I've always noticed that the fuel efficiency of my car doesn't change no matter how hard I drive. :p It still is rather mediocre. :)

·
10,856 Posts
I'm looking forward to when I need a new clutch. :p I want an LTW flywheel. Loaning my car to my father dramatically accelerates this process :p He burns the clutch in his WRX at LEAST once per trip. (This takes effort. Good 5K RPM clutch drops in that car don't do a thing to that clutch.) At a little over 6,000 miles, he's starting to get clutch shudder.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Mystikal: same here. No matter how hard I drive my 325i, I still get at least 23Mpg...

Nick: I'm willing to be that I get more mileage out of my M3 than you get out of your xiT... :lmao: Seriously though, how many miles do you get per tank of gas?

·
10,856 Posts
220-250. Usually about 240. :D

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
220-250. Usually about 240. :D
:D

See, that's exactly the same mileage I get out of my M3. I actually got 242 this week. And that's when the light went off. I could've gotten at least another 10 miles out of it... :D

·
10,856 Posts
I blame it on all that extra weight I'm dragging around. :D Ditto for the brake pads in 10K.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
I blame it on all that extra weight I'm dragging around. :D Ditto for the brake pads in 10K.
That's true... I wonder how many miles Kaz, or better yet, Phil get out of a tank of gas...

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
ALEX325i said:

:D

See, that's exactly the same mileage I get out of my M3. I actually got 242 this week. And that's when the light went off. I could've gotten at least another 10 miles out of it... :D
Nick is just a hard driver and always in traffic.:eeps:

I got 340 miles out of my last tank. And could have gone another 40 according to the OBC:thumb: Average speed was ~ 30 mph:) And remeber I drive a gas sucking power robbing Step:bigpimp:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
ALEX325i said:

That's true... I wonder how many miles Kaz, or better yet, Phil get out of a tank of gas...
Should have scrolled down a little further and quoted this for my last response. :tsk: Once I crossed over 7k miles my MPG has improved by a fair amount:thumb: It also improved slightly when I got a new pedal put in, but I've learned from Alee's Yahoo group that it's still not the "new" one so I hope it holds up.:rolleyes:

·
10,856 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Nick is just a hard driver and always in traffic.:eeps:

I got 340 miles out of my last tank. And could have gone another 40 according to the OBC:thumb: Average speed was ~ 30 mph:) And remeber I drive a gas sucking power robbing Step:bigpimp:
I am a rather hard driver. A typical average speed of 17-18MPH certainly doesn't help. :p

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

I am a rather hard driver. A typical average speed of 17-18MPH certainly doesn't help. :p
The new brakes after so few miles was a dead give away:tsk: :rolleyes: :D

j/k Nick....where you live your lucky to average 19 mph:(

·
10,856 Posts
With a city-wide speed limit of 25MPH, it can be a bit of a drag. 70+% of my driving is on residential or semi-residential roads. (The nature of getting anywhere in DC.) There are SOME nice roads that I can open it up on, though. :D

The other issue is that I like to drive at low revs. Unfortunately, my favorite shifting patterns are more suited to V8 engines with boatloads of low-end torque.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hmm. Pretty wide range of BMW"s and driving conditions/habits. So, I'll throw this in: if i am semi-careful about short shifting (not driving at 6000 rpm all the time) I get between 18-19 mpg in the M3. Might get 24-26 on the road.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.