BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this topic has been addressed several times, and I usually pay little attention to it. I was at a drive through some time ago (taco bell for those wanting more detail) and I was just tapping the gas. I couldn't help but notice the 'reverb' coming off the walls. It seemed like almost a second from the time I actually hit the gas until the time the engine actually responded.

Outside of the TD-ian solution of getting an E36, is there a relatively low cost way of improving response time?

Thanks.

BTW - HACK - I was looking to test my dash as you outlined (hold down the left odometer reset button --> turn ignition to on --> let go and hit button again (?). It didn't work for me - obviously I did something wrong. Please repost for my slow ass. Thanks...

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Install a lighter flywheel

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
in_d_haus said:

Exhaust, cam, how serious do you want to get?
"Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go??"
"Go that way, really fast. If anything gets in your way, turn".

Name the movie and I'll give you a $5 wine.com gift certificate.

I am weary of warranty-voiding mods (which is probably most). Is it possible to do something of substance for < $250?

20,210 Posts
dog said:

"Go that way, really fast. If anything get's in your way, turn".

Name the movie and I'll give you a $5 wine.com gift certificate.

I am weary of warranty-voiding mods (which is probably most). Is it possible to do something of substance for < $250?
better off dead

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
atyclb said:

better off dead

"I want my $2 dollars!!!!:mad: " :lmao: :lmao:

That was a smokin' Camaro too:thumbup: (flame suit on)

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Hey dog, are you affiliated with wine.com in some way? If so that's pretty cool!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
webguy330i said:
Hey dog, are you affiliated with wine.com in some way? If so that's pretty cool!
The only affiliation I have is that I got a $50 gift certificate to wine.com for my birthday. Good stuff and a quick turnaround time. I think they're right out of Long Island.

They won't deliver wine to MD :banghead: Damn "laws". I had to ship it to VA and pick it up there. :thumbdwn:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
OT, but dog, your sig pic is VERY slow (like DrBimmer's old one) and makes thread-loading piss-poor. Can you please do something about it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kaz said:
OT, but dog, your sig pic is VERY slow (like DrBimmer's old one) and makes thread-loading piss-poor. Can you please do something about it?

Thanks.
Hmmm...was not aware of that. Any suggestions? Are you dialed-up through a straw, or are you on some sort of T1/Cable/DSL connection? :dunno:

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Kaz said:

Thanks.
Lemme help the dog out:

(reduced from 1370x724 @ 110k to 300x159 @ 13k :D)

dog, we have the same laws here in NY. Dammit.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
dog said:

Hmmm...was not aware of that. Any suggestions? Are you dialed-up through a straw, or are you on some sort of T1/Cable/DSL connection? :dunno:
I'm currently at work and we have multiple OC12s.

If I do a 'view image' of your pic its some huge ass file. Maybe you could shrink that.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kaz said:

I'm currently at work and we have multiple OC12s.

If I do a 'view image' of your pic its some huge ass file. Maybe you could shrink that.
Should be updated within an hour or so - thanks for the feedback.

Special shout-outs to Webguy for his shrinking abilities ;)

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Sweet, its fixed. :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
webguy330i said:

dog, we have the same laws here in NY. Dammit.
Nuh-uh! If you go to http://www.wine.com an drop down to 'NY', you'll notice that you can ship alcohol. Drop it down to MD, and I can ship a friggin' rack or corkscrew. [sarcasm] Woohoo [/sarcasm]

·
10,856 Posts
If you want to improve throttle response and can stand irritating noise, pull the exhaust valve. When your car is cold, reach up over the right exhaust tip and pull the tube connected to it off. Go drive around, you will notice improved threottle response.

Whether you can stand the noise is, of course, another question. I couldn't, but it sounds like wagons are a lot worse than sedans/coupes. If you hate it, just reconnect the tube. If you like it, go buy the plug from BMW.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts