BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From this:

To this:

The hardest part was to unbolt and torque back up to spec the main bolt. You don't want to break the security pin.....
Everything was plug-and-play. No error codes, buttons work, I can access the Hualigan, cruze control is working, I'm a happy camper.
Wanted to lose that ugly bus wheel a long time ago, only I couldn't fint the right price.

·
Search, Read, THEN Ask
3,211 Posts
Nice Doru. Santa came early for you!

So did you lose the heat in the steering wheel too?

Think that is important to have in Calgary.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Doru - makes for a much much better drive and feel and look doesn't it !?!! ... now you just need the SMG paddle's version ;)

kgorczyn - no, Doru changed just the steering wheel - he has had the hualingan unit in his car for quite some time previously...

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Great job, Doru. I can't wait to update mine too, but it's gonna be very soon.

Btw, did u pee on that floor mat? :jk: :p

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great job, Doru. I can't wait to update mine too, but it's gonna be very soon.

Btw, did u pee on that floor mat? :jk: :p

She's a DD. It's sloppy outside to say the least. The rubber will be gone in spring. Until then, I wash it once in a while. Not today, with the muck that's everywhere.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Looks great!!!!!!!!!

·
Keeping it surreal
43,227 Posts
Big improvement ! Congrats....

·
Registered
600 Posts
The feel, diameter and thickness of the Sport wheel more than offsets its lack of heating elements IMO. Looks great!

·
Member Supremo
1,599 Posts
Here I am thinking someone broke a wheel.... But this is much better!

You have gained 10 Coolness points :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you will miss your ugly wheel my friend , there is NO heat in this m3 wheel which is VERY useful in Canada

whats next ? a sport seats ? haha

It's an M5 wheel. The bus wheel I had was not heated. Only my seats are, and I like them. The car is garaged at home, and at work, so my wheel is OK. Now, if there was a "heated" sport steering wheel, I would totally go for it. I drove my car to "test" the sport steering, and to tell the truth, I could never go back to that clumsy wheel, heated or not.
Igor, you should try it yourself, I'm sure you will change your perpective on it.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wanted to lose that ugly bus wheel a long time ago, only I couldn't fint the right price.
I was never embarrassed about my steering wheel before! But now I have a "Buss Wheel" inferiority complex. Thanks a lot!

Looks great:thumbup: But now it's one more thing to add to my money pit list.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts