BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Current 'Fest Addict
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, some history:

I leased an 08 335i cp, with sport package in Jan 08. Right when I got the car, I removed the runflats and replaced them with Eagle F1s. The runflats were garaged, so when I return the lease, I can throw those badboys back on and not have to pay some ridiculous sum of $$.

Jan 09, I got a flat that required me to get a new rear tire. I was in a foreign city, so my only choice really was to get a runflat from the stealership, since NOBODY carried that size tire otherwise. I've been meaning to replace it w/ another Eagle F1.

Today, after dealing with quite a bit of road noise, I finally gave up and took a look at my tires. I noticed a bit of cord showing on my rear Eagle F1, with irregular wear on my front Eagles. I'm absolutely replacing the back Eagle ASAP, of course, but my dilemma is this:

1. Do I slap on the runflats in my garage onto all 4 tires, and hope that in the year that I have left on my lease, I don't go under the allowed treadwear for lease return

2. Do I purchase a new set of non runflats (at about $800 installed/shipped), ride those for a year, then slap on my garaged runflats for lease return?

If you were in my situation, what would you do? Take the gamble or cut the losses?

·
NHTSA Nazi
351 Posts
It is difficult to say because you didn't tell us how many miles you drive in a year. Here are a few things to consider:

Why did one tire wear unevenly - it sounds like you need an alignment?
Which tires came with the car? Performance summer tires (about 20k miles life) or all seasons (double that at a minimum)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts