BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to have regrets about my 2018 X1 w/ M package and special M suspension option. Paid full price. Euro delivery used to be a deal but no more because dealer incentives or USAA discounts are not applicable to Munich pick up.

Was always disappointed about the Blind Spot issue...since my wife's Subaru has all the bells and whistles standard for $17,000.

But this is really disappointing and embarrassing since I paid EXTRA for the system with my X1.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/20/ped...on.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Phil LeBeau is a respected journalist in all aspects of transportation.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I agree with you. I think a lot of this is to do with the substandard optical system. Had I known about that I wouldn’t have bought some options I picked.

I guess the fallback on all of these systems is they are ‘assistance’ so not much consolation to you or I, semantics indeed.

I was really disappointed when I found out the cruise caps out at 85mph and the steering assist only works on motorways up to 35mph. Living in London traffic and going to Europe this was a huge disappointment.

Don’t get me started on the Bluetooth connectivity issue I have that seems never to be traced either...

The problem is BMW seems to think you buy a car model because you can’t afford a bigger one, not because you may actually want that model. Can’t afford an X5, by an X3, etc. And suck up the limited options you can’t afford as well.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I don't see BMW offering Pedestrian Collision Avoidance on the X1, while they do offer this feature on, say, the X4. Did I miss something?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,550 Posts
i don't see bmw offering pedestrian collision avoidance on the x1, while they do offer this feature on, say, the x4. Did i miss something?
+1

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't see BMW offering Pedestrian Collision Avoidance on the X1, while they do offer this feature on, say, the X4. Did I miss something?

I have a 2017 so assumed this was a new thing.

Maybe that’s why it didn’t work

It looks like they were using the cruise control for this test?

·
Registered
55 Posts
long term owner

Yes i ordered that option! As a BMW owner since 1974 it must be obvious that this company is a shell of the car company of the past. Too cheap to have all the modern safety items and those that are suppose to have do not work. Do not hand me excuses. No longer is it a company that will be my next car. DO not try to make the excuse that these are unnessary. That is gratuitous. By the way it took BMW 14 months to fix Apple Car Play. "Genius" had no clue !

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had a look online and am I right in thinking this is part of the auto start/stop assistance cruise option that I have? And that it is on all the time but only at city speeds?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes i ordered that option! As a BMW owner since 1974 it must be obvious that this company is a shell of the car company of the past. Too cheap to have all the modern safety items and those that are suppose to have do not work. Do not hand me excuses. No longer is it a company that will be my next car. DO not try to make the excuse that these are unnessary. That is gratuitous. By the way it took BMW 14 months to fix Apple Car Play. "Genius" had no clue !
Spot on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
+1

My 2016 Audi has Audi Pre-sense which is way more effective than this camera-based Kafas or similar on my wife's MY2017 X1. She raised it as a concern with BMW when her car was in the shop but were told that is normal and if needed she should consider the new X5 (for like $40K more) which has a more reliable system.

This is on-par with the rumor mill that BMW is loosing the tech battle and quality of service standards with Audi & MB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts