Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A note To Vex: As per your advise, I couldnt believe I went ahead and bought some detailing supplies, Zaino to be exact.

Ok so I am a newbie in washing/polishing my car. I would just like to ask you guys out there, what is good to use in between washes. You know, just wanna wipe away the dirt, residues and stuff on the paint. And maybe at the same time, can make the paint shinier. Will Z6 do the trick? And whats out there over the counter that can do the job? Is the Meguiar wipe used for this purpose?

Any advise is appreciated.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
How about Meguiar's Quick Detailer?

Apparently using something carnuba based like Meguiar's Quick Detailer is okay on top of polymers.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
I use a car duster and a detail spray. As pointed out you want one that will work on a polymer treated car if you are using Zaino as many are carnauba based.

·
Senior Slacker
5,646 Posts
bimmee said:
A note To Vex: As per your advise, I couldnt believe I went ahead and bought some detailing supplies, Zaino to be exact.

Ok so I am a newbie in washing/polishing my car. I would just like to ask you guys out there, what is good to use in between washes. You know, just wanna wipe away the dirt, residues and stuff on the paint. And maybe at the same time, can make the paint shinier. Will Z6 do the trick? And whats out there over the counter that can do the job? Is the Meguiar wipe used for this purpose?

Any advise is appreciated.
Zaino?:tsk: Noooooooooooooooo. Noooooooooo. You have gone to the dark side.

The quick detalier is good, but I only use it after a wash in between waxes. As others have mentioned, you do not want to wipe a dirty car since you are moving dirt. Personally in between washes I live with it unless a bird does its thing and then I use a wet towel to gently get that damn crap off.:(

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in_d_haus said:
I use a car duster and a detail spray. As pointed out you want one that will work on a polymer treated car if you are using Zaino as many are carnauba based.
So which detail spray do you suggest? Oh, and, I havent used Zaino yet, as a matter of fact, havent washed this car as it is still new:D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Zaino??????????

I decided to get Zaino only because its one of those that people all over this board is praising.

Dont tell me I wasted my 60 bucks!!!!! :cry: :cry:

I want to use something between washes and of course I am not wiping it down when theres too much dust and dirt.

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
bimmee said:
No Zaino??????????

I decided to get Zaino only because its one of those that people all over this board is praising.

I want to use something between washes and of course I am not wiping it down when theres too much dust and dirt.
Vexed is kidding about Zaino being the dark side. It's just that some here have become so addicted that they shoot the stuff directly into their veins :yikes: :eek: :eeps: :yikes: (not mentioning any names...alee) :D

·
Senior Slacker
5,646 Posts
bimmee said:
No Zaino??????????

You did not waste your money, my beef with Zaino is that I do not have the time for the multi-layered application process. People who use it swear by it, but I don't mind waxing my car 3-4 times a year. I beleive all the BMWs here are detailed using Blitz wax, you should not have to do anything except wash it for a few months, if you want to Zaino now you will need to strip off the Blitz. And in this weather it may take a while for the Zaino to cure since I understand it takes longer in higher humidity.

If you find something that is good and safe between washes let me know. Did you get a Cali Water Blade from Costco?

·
Senior Slacker
5,646 Posts
Mike 325xi said:

Vexed is kidding about Zaino being the dark side. It's just that some here have become so addicted that they shoot the stuff directly into their veins :yikes: :eek: :eeps: :yikes: (not mentioning any names...alee) :D
Oh yeah, I was kidding about those freaks who apply it like cologne to their bodies.....:yikes:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vexed said:

You did not waste your money, my beef with Zaino is that I do not have the time for the multi-layered application process. People who use it swear by it, but I don't mind waxing my car 3-4 times a year. I beleive all the BMWs here are detailed using Blitz wax, you should not have to do anything except wash it for a few months, if you want to Zaino now you will need to strip off the Blitz. And in this weather it may take a while for the Zaino to cure since I understand it takes longer in higher humidity.

If you find something that is good and safe between washes let me know. Did you get a Cali Water Blade from Costco?
ewww... not yet..... still havent resolved the car washing problem.... Thats why I asked about something that I can use in between car washes, hoping to reduce the times to wash the car.....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vexed said:

Oh yeah, I was kidding about those freaks who apply it like cologne to their bodies.....:yikes:
They do smell good... hmmm, maybe somewhere on the label it does say "Multipurpose"..... let me look.....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: How about Meguiar's Quick Detailer?

scottn2retro said:
Apparently using something carnuba based like Meguiar's Quick Detailer is okay on top of polymers.
I think I bought something like that, god, I bought too much stuff I cant remember. And when I went to pick up my Zaino stuff, the guy told me to toss it. :tsk: :eeps:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I use Meguiar's Final Inspection between washes. If the weather has been dry, I quick detail my car about every other day. Once it's rained, I consider the car too dirty to quick detail and I wash instead. (Fortunately, I am in an area that still permits washing.)

BTW, Final Inspection has no carnauba in it.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
vexed said:

:lmao:

I can even smell it over the phone when I talk to Al:yikes: :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts