BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Day 2 of 8 of my ED. Having a great time - right now in Rothenburg.

Got a question. Does anybody know where there is an auto supplies store (e.g., Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc.) in Germany or Austria (Salzburg).

1) I saw a couple of cars on the street that had the front license plate holder that fit the entire license plate nicely. Wanted to get me one since I live in a one-plate state (PA) and will fit my car with the ED plates when I get back. Right now, I had to bend the front plates back a little bit because it kept on interfering with the front parking sensor controls.

2) Admittedly, I forgot to pack my MF towel knowing that bug splatter would be an issue. It is!! Wouldn't mind picking one up en route during my trip.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
If I Understang you correctly, you want a front license bracket that will accomadate your front EU Zoll Plate is that correct??
If that is case you will need to order it from BMW Parts Department. If you have Nav on your bimmer, you can find the BMW centers near you with a couple clicks. If not and you are dropping off at back in Munich, you should goto BMW Neidesslauseng Frankfurtering.

If you to order the bracket Painted, it will take an extra day at BMW Neidesslauseng Frankfurtering. be forwarned, it aint cheap (about $100). If you want to have the license plate held in a bracket, be sure to ask the folks at the part department. Its a pair of separate parts you need to buy.

·
I need more coffee!
477 Posts
I picked up a warnvest and a front plate holder at the BMW dealership (Niederlessung) for about 16 Euro total. As Bee mentioned, the front plate holder is a 2-piece consisting of a back frame and a small front section (bottom) that has the wording/logo on it. Don't know about an auto supply place.

Enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got mine just last month through Bavarian Autosport, bavauto.com for $10. They just don't have the dealer's name on it. I forgot to get one in Munich when I was there over the summer.

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,152 Posts
You may be able to pick up all of what you need at the local BMW dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts