BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is my pleasure to inform you that my vehicle is in production.:freakdanc I called my SA yesterday and he informed me that he had just received the VIN number. To bad I am still in Iraq and won't be able to pick it up for a while.:mad: On the bright side, what a welcome home present to have waiting for me when I get there.:drive: Now I guess I will begin to feel the pressure of waiting (waiting to redeploy home from Iraq and then the wait to pick the car up). Pray for me so I can with stand the waiting torture.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
That's strange...I'm picking up 2nd week of OCT but in BMWOC it still shows "On Order" :(

Either way, Congrats! :clap:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations!! When did you place your order? I placed mine 16 June and they are expecting my car to be delivered 18-22 September. I guess the three week break at the plant is what pushes mine back so far.

BTW is the POC for the swap of those tires a dealership? I am leaning towards accepting car as is (with summers) and buy a winter package from tirerack. Dealer prices were insane to downgrade to 17". A total of $2500 to get the base model 525/530 wheels. Then there is no telling if he will be able to sell the sport package wheels so I pretty much gave up on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The dealers i looked at told me if i ordered a car it would take 2months for it to come in is that accurate??.
also congrats on your car!!!:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
7-8 weeks sounds about right. I helped order a car for someone on 5/30/06 which was produced on 6/9/06, and arrived at the dealership in Southern California on July 13th.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Like I stated in the first post, it doesn't matter to me if it takes a few more weeks to finish, I still have to redeploy from Iraq first. Hopefully I will be home sometime in October. Then the real fun begins. Me, a 550i, and an autobahn:thumbup:, can't wait.:D And I will have a year to drive it on the open road called the autobahn. Now I really can't wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts