BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello i live in LA and am in market for 06 325i manual, the only dealer that has it is in NoCal and he told my local dealer that the car he has coming in on the 10th of june is already presold or traded and when i contacted them directly the sales person there told me it is still available if i am willing to put down a 1000 deposit. i do't mind that but what assurance do i have that when i fly up north to pick it up that it would be available and that the dealer would honor the 1200 off msrp deal he is agreeing w/ me over the phone. i keep on getting conflicting answers from the dealership. what's the best way to verify that the car is available and that the price would be honored once i am there, Also if a local LA area dealer can acquire the car and give me 1200 msrp, i would much rather deal locally. please any sugggetions,
thank you.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You could put the deposit on your credit card and conclude the deal va fax/fedex before you fly up here, but I'm afraid you are wasting your time. Too many things sound fishy in your story.

·
Registered
91 Posts
v325i said:
what's the best way to verify that the car is available and that the price would be honored once i am there, Also if a local LA area dealer can acquire the car and give me 1200 msrp, i would much rather deal locally. please any sugggetions,
thank you.
To answer your first question. Use a credit card for your deposit and get the negotiated price in writing.

Regarding your second question. Talk with your local dealer. Let them know what you will pay and see if they are willing to bring the car into their inventory, but it will depend on whether the other dealer is willing to release the car. Bare in mind you will probably have to pay something towards the transportation cost of the 325i.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts