BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is another issue, that i can not resolve. "Increased battery discharge" I have been getting message every time i start my car after few hours being sit. At the beginning i thought its a battery, but the battery was tested and is still OK. From what i noticed vehicle is going to sleep mode and after 15 seconds wakes up and so on for a few minutes and then go sleep until i open the door. Start/Stop button and gear switch green light is always on at that time. sometimes is takes about an hour for the vehicle to be in a sleep mode and start/stop bottom light be off. I run fault test on ISTA-D (no fault errors stored) also run "Wake-up" analysis (Attached photos). Report says the vehicle was woken up too many times, at the same time intervals at the same km. Also photo of the Battery Charge Stage. Clearly vehicle can not go to sleep mode at the first try, something keeps the vehicle to wake up again. I have tried that with car locked and unlocked - Same results.
Can anyone help?

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do you have comfort access? If so, one of the handles could have a high current draw (warm to the touch). That's what was happening to me. Disconnected the handle to test (after charging the battery) and all was good.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Twice I have had similar issues. First time it was the bluetooth dongle staying connected to the old android phone I was using. Removing the dongle from the OBD fixed it. The second time was related to getting in and out of the passenger side and not opening the drivers side. Open passenger door, press start button to something, turn off w/ start button, close door, X5 will not go to sleep until I open and close the drivers door. This has happened to me several times over the past year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
split71 i dont have comfort access so this should not be a handle. I am supprised because the ISTA-P report states its "unknown module" which is wierd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
current draw

So here is another issue, that i can not resolve. "Increased battery discharge" I have been getting message every time i start my car after few hours being sit. At the beginning i thought its a battery, but the battery was tested and is still OK. From what i noticed vehicle is going to sleep mode and after 15 seconds wakes up and so on for a few minutes and then go sleep until i open the door. Start/Stop button and gear switch green light is always on at that time. sometimes is takes about an hour for the vehicle to be in a sleep mode and start/stop bottom light be off. I run fault test on ISTA-D (no fault errors stored) also run "Wake-up" analysis (Attached photos). Report says the vehicle was woken up too many times, at the same time intervals at the same km. Also photo of the Battery Charge Stage. Clearly vehicle can not go to sleep mode at the first try, something keeps the vehicle to wake up again. I have tried that with car locked and unlocked - Same results.
Can anyone help?
It is definitely the comfort access.
They replaced the drivers handle which was always on causing the draw of current.
The dealer said that there is good will money from the factory on this

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,330 Posts
split71 i dont have comfort access so this should not be a handle. I am supprised because the ISTA-P report states its "unknown module" which is wierd.
I am assuming that means the bus is getting something, but there is noise...so it is not getting a module ID. Possibly a bad connection/noisy contact??? Or damaged wire, something contacting a conductor and causing what looks like 'data'...

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 100K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
18,304 Posts
The requirement for valid wave shape is quite robust, there is a narrow region bounded above and below that will contain a meaningful wave form.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the car back from the dealer. They diagnosed the car for $330 including 17% discount and find that roof opener module draw a battery. Advise to replace with new roof open module & code a car with lablr for $1300 - dignostic fee. I said thank you.

I will try to buy and program if necessary the module myself. Bought module for $67 on ebay exactly the same part i have currently. Hope it will work. To swap roof module its so easy you dont even need any tool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts