BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My name is Othello, but most call me O. I used to sell Audis in Chicago and since transitioned into a Client Advisor role at a local BMW in Chicago. I have an extensive background with the Audis but minimal expertise in the world of BMW. What do I can do to boost my knowledge base in a short amount of time, maybe under a month or so?

Sincerely,
Othello

·
Registered
2009 BMW 328
1,130 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My name is Othello, but most call me O. I used to sell Audis in Chicago and since transitioned into a Client Advisor role at a local BMW in Chicago. I have an extensive background with the Audis but minimal expertise in the world of BMW. What do I can do to boost my knowledge base in a short amount of time, maybe under a month or so?

Sincerely,
Othello
Watch youtube videos on each BMW lineup. And build each BMW model on BMWUSA with different specs and options. If you don't know the product, you cant sell it. That's what I did when I started working at the local Honda dealership (even though I knew a lot about the brand already). What BMW dealership in Chicago do you work at?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watch youtube videos on each BMW lineup. And build each BMW model on BMWUSA with different specs and options. If you don't know the product, you cant sell it. That's what I did when I started working at the local Honda dealership (even though I knew a lot about the brand already). What BMW dealership in Chicago do you work at?
I used to work for Fletcher Jones Audi. Now, I work for BMW of Barrington, a Chicago suburb. The Audi brand is easier to understand from a packaging perspective. However, the BMW brand seems to be more complex at first glance. I figured joining this forum will help boost my knowledge base relatively quickly.

·
Registered
2009 BMW 328
1,130 Posts
I used to work for Fletcher Jones Audi. Now, I work for BMW of Barrington, a Chicago suburb. The Audi brand is easier to understand from a packaging perspective. However, the BMW brand seems to be more complex at first glance. I figured joining this forum will help boost my knowledge base relatively quickly.
Lol, that BMW dealership is like 30 min away from where I live. I went to motor werks Honda when I worked at Mcgrath Honda of Elgin for a dealer trade back in 2018. That's a nice dealership. Every brand is inside from what I remember. Honda, Porsche, BMW, and I think Infiniti. But, reading articles, watching videos, and building every model (2 series, 3 series, etc) on BMWUSA would be the best helper in learning the brand, models, and what each package comes with (Premium PKG, M-sport PKG, etc) imo. Also test-driving each BMW model, messing with each one's features, and learning the car will help you be successful (messing with the seat configurations on the X3, X4, X5, X7). When I started my job at Napleton's Kia last year, I went out, test drove every Kia model (yes, even the Stinger), messed with every single thing in the car (I know a Kia isn't as packed as a BMW) but learning the infotainment system and safety things are the most important (amount of airbags we're they're located, etc). Nowadays, a customer that comes in to buy a car, will have done research on the model they're interested in. So, you want to be smarter than them and not look dumb. Who knows, once this whole coivd bs is over, I'll stop by 😃

·
Registered
35 Posts
Watch youtube videos on each BMW lineup. And build each BMW model on BMWUSA with different specs and options. If you don't know the product, you cant sell it.
^^ This. Not sure what dealer onboarding or training resources are provided to new reps but if you Google the various models like "G05 technical training" or "F90 technical training complete vehicle", you'll find some very in depth descriptions of every aspect of each vehicle. Also, being a regular visitor here will give you some knowledge on common complaints, competitive insights, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, that BMW dealership is like 30 min away from where I live. I went to motor werks Honda when I worked at Mcgrath Honda of Elgin for a dealer trade back in 2018. That's a nice dealership. Every brand is inside from what I remember. Honda, Porsche, BMW, and I think Infiniti. But, reading articles, watching videos, and building every model (2 series, 3 series, etc) on BMWUSA would be the best helper in learning the brand, models, and what each package comes with (Premium PKG, M-sport PKG, etc) imo. Also test-driving each BMW model, messing with each one's features, and learning the car will help you be successful (messing with the seat configurations on the X3, X4, X5, X7). When I started my job at Napleton's Kia last year, I went out, test drove every Kia model (yes, even the Stinger), messed with every single thing in the car (I know a Kia isn't as packed as a BMW) but learning the infotainment system and safety things are the most important (amount of airbags we're they're located, etc). Nowadays, a customer that comes in to buy a car, will have done research on the model they're interested in. So, you want to be smarter than them and not look dumb. Who knows, once this whole coivd bs is over, I'll stop by 😃
Sounds like a plan! If you want you can look me up on LinkedIn at Othello D. Herbert. We can help one another along the way.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
29,924 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest, Othello! I think you'll find everything you need to know either here or the aforementioned videos. Good luck!

Reactions: moosaud1998
1 - 9 of 9 Posts