Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
skyranch
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2016 228i, lo tire indicated RF but winter wheels with no PSI monitors on. Unable to change driving mode from comfort or to switch DSC traction control to off. Need off due to snow conditions. How to reset? Also Back up camera is U/S.

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,190 Posts
Pressure is pressure, run flat or not.
The system does NOT know if you use run flats or not.
The lack of sensors is the problem.
Yes, this will prevent driving mode changes.
You would be better off getting the sensors needed.
I don't know what you wanted to know about the backup camera.

·
skyranch
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but the question is why does it indicate a low tire and also why does the traction control button not work and at the same time the camera does not function. Everything has worked since new. I figure that something needs to be reset. This problem happened during a very cold day. These wheels and tires have been on the car 3rd winter. So how do we reset one or more computers. May need to go to the dealer but not handy. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,190 Posts
Still not sure if I am understanding you fully.
The winter does NOT have sensors?
Only one wheel is showing an error or low?
The system will NOT let you change modes while this type of error exists.
You reset TPMS in IDrive.
The backup camera is separate.
If the battery is aged and it was very cold, this can be from a weak battery and is known to throw all kinds of random errors.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I had some sensor problems once on a cold morning... The system ( I was told) is more sensitive during cold temps... All I did was pump up the tires to the correct pressure and all was good

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Tire pressure goes up or down about one PSI or each ten degrees F rise or fall in temperature. TPMS doesn't give an low pressure alarm until the pressure is down 20% of the set baseline pressure.

Tire leak air. Some lose more than others. I have three tires that lose about a half-PSI over 30 days and 500 miles. But, the one tire I recently had replaced leaks about one PSI per month, and that tire is the same make and model as the other three.

·
skyranch
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, problems remedied. Above freezing today and was able to reset tire pres. monitor. Drove car 3 miles and now traction control and b/u camera function. Checked battery first and found only 12.01 V. (now on charge) Reckon that the low voltage and the very cold temps caused my problems. Only 2½ yrs old and 65k miles and car is driven every few days with 200 miles last weekend just after the problem developed. Thanks for your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts