Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Send It
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2020 X5 40i. My wife would like to have the Sport steering but everything else Comfort as her default profile. When I try to customize her settings, I only see the ability to customize the Sport and Eco modes - Comfort is not customizable. That's OK, because I can personalize Sport mode for her to have Sport steering and Comfort everything else. The problem is that she would like this as the default settings for her profile so she doesn't have to hit the Sport button every time she gets in the car. Is this possible? It seems to always load Comfort by default, which is not customizable, but she would like her custom setting to load by default. Totally could be doing something wrong, but that's why I'm here!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Don't think there's a way to do it via user settings. I haven't coded a BMW since the M6, but back then I was able to change the default drive mode and disable the start/stop by default which is pretty annoying to me. I'm planning on coding this one this weekend or next, so I'll make some posts.

·
Send It
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think there's a way to do it via user settings. I haven't coded a BMW since the M6, but back then I was able to change the default drive mode and disable the start/stop by default which is pretty annoying to me. I'm planning on coding this one this weekend or next, so I'll make some posts.

It looks like bimmercode can set the default driving mode. I was just hoping I could do it out-of-the-box on a new 2020 model.

Default driving mode
Values:
ADAPTIVE
COMFORT
ECO PRO
ECO PRO INDIVIDUAL
SPORT
SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Requirements:
“Body Domain Controller” BDC control unit
“UniCarScan“, “OBDLink” or ENET adapter

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe BimmerCode should work on 2020 model to set the default driving mode, as long as the iDrive software version is 03/2020.xx or older. There are some reports that BimmerCode has some ECU settings grayed out in 07/2020.xx release.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts