Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im from Indiana as well, and Im guessing you got your car from Dreyer & Reinbold? If so do you have any comments or complaints about them. Service, Sales how do they measure up to other dealers. I live in Terre Haute so Im torn between Dreyer Reinbold in Indy or D-patrick in Evansville..... I usually buy through the place in evansville but I was just wondering how Dreyer Reinbold measured up....

·
blubb blubb blubb
1,168 Posts
Closer,

I'm also in Indiana. I had no luck with Dreyer & Reinbold in Indy. I found them both a little arrogant and not willing to budge from MSRP on a European delivery. I tried them a few times, so my impression wasn't just one bad hit. The dealer in Lafayette also was not too much help in terms of price. I made calls to the Evansville and South Bend dealers, too, but nothing too good. I got my car from Motorwerks in the Chicago area. Hope that helps.

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Closer,

My experience with Dreyer-Reinbold is equivalent to that which JonW experienced. They figure if you won't accept their MSRP price, then some other sucker will. Only after you have displayed some savvy and present them with a price that you received from another dealer will they budge from MSRP, and even then it will be only a minimal drop. I will say in their behalf that they do not charge a premium on the M3, and their service center is more than adequate. They also have a new brushless carwash and offer free Saturday car washes (albeit that would be a long drive for you), as well as offer loaner cars for scheduled appointments. So they are not all bad.

I actually wound up purchasing from Defouw BMW in Lafayette and got the Euro Delivery discount as well as $1000 off at a time when virtually nobody was offering a penny less than MSRP.

I tried to hook JonW up with my Client Advisor, but Jon must have pissed him off (j/k Jon). :D

My advice to you would be to present your proposal (model, options, desired purchase price, etc.) either via phone or e-mail to as many dealerships within a radius that you are willing to travel to. When all bids are in go back to the dealership that you really prefer to buy from and provide them an opportunity to match or come close to the best offer.

Hope this helps, and let us know your progress along the way!

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tomkinson BMW

Have you tried Tomkinson BMW in Ft. Wayne? I had a great experience there. Ask for David Wilson, he knows the cars inside and out and I got a super deal.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks All!

Thanks you all so much for your helpfull suggestions. I will definately let you guys know what happens along the way.....

Thanks again :lmao:

·
blubb blubb blubb
1,168 Posts
IndyMike:
I tried to hook JonW up with my Client Advisor, but Jon must have pissed him off (j/k Jon).

He he. Maybe I didn't show as much leg as you did!
;)

Hifters:
I got my car from Eric Montz at Motorwerks. He's fine. At the time (last May), he had a pretty standard deal of $1500 over invoice for board members (It was bimmer.org at the time). Not sure if that still stands, but I'd guess it does. I got hosed on aftermarket parts with them, though. Arm rest, trunk mat, etc. were straight MSRP even with a BMWCCA card. But it was OK there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts