BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I have a 2007 750li with the logic 7 hifi dsp. iv located the dsp in the rear left side of the trunk. This is my new project i want to add two amps. where is the power amp located at? "or ask mod"?????????????

i appreciate all your guys info

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Hey guys!

I have a 2007 750li with the logic 7 hifi dsp. iv located the dsp in the rear left side of the trunk. This is my new project i want to add two amps. where is the power amp located at? "or ask mod"?????????????

i appreciate all your guys info

Power amp is located to the right of the navigation unit. It is mouted at a 45 degree angle and it a silver rectangular box. There is a member on here calle technic that has a harness that plugs into the back of the factor amp so you dont have to splice wires. That harness with give you a hi\lo RCA for your amp as well as a remote wire.

From there the installation is pretty standard to adding in amps with subs. If you are adding more than one amp with over 500Watts of power I would also recommend adding a capacitor to preserve your battery.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DFEL

i took the ask module out and i need the wiring info

at the L7 DSP module in back i have 3 pairs of twisted wires

yellow black & yellow brown

Blue green & blue brown

Black white & back brown

in the front by the ask mod i have 4 sets of twisted pair wires?

blue red & blue brown

yellow brown& yellow green

black violet& black red

black white& black brown

what are these wires

im putting in a 4 channel and a 2 channel

please can someone guide me in the right direction

thanks guys

· Registered
1,924 Posts
i need FULL Range out Left and right? i will be adding a clean sweep
You have to be careful with what you do because your PDC sensors use specific channels on through the amp and ask unit to play the beep. I'm not sure why you are trying to amplify the mid range speakers in the car if you are going to leave them stock. There is enough power to play these speakers to their max output through the ASK unit and logic 7 amp.

Basically the ASK unit powers the front speakers and the logic 7 powers the subs and rear speakers. There is a diagram somewhere of the logic 7 speaker output on here. I will try to find it for you. The door 4 inch speakers are full range so you can tap into those once you figure out which wires they car. Why don't you just use a 4 volt battery and just tap the wires on the positive and negative terminal to find out which speaker wire it is?

This is. It the car that you want to add multiple amps to without a capacitor or an additional battery. This car is VERY sensitive to low voltage and will give you a bunch of errors when the battery is low. If I were you I would buy the harness from technic on here and just add subs to the trunk if you're looking for some extra low end bass.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a few questions pertaining to this. First, exactly how many amps are on the 2007 750 LI? Second, where exactly is the logic 7 Amp located at if there is only one? Could some on upload a photo of its location? I really dont wanna kick out 1600 bucks to replace an amp if I can help it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.