BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the official word on our updated software lineup for the 335i:

There will be three stages of tuning available. Stage 2 is the equivalent to what we've
been selling so far. Stage 1 is a lower boost setting, and unlike stage 2 or 3, it will
not require an upgraded oil cooler to maintain warranty coverage. Stage 3 is a higher
boost setting than stage 2 and will require an upgraded oil cooler plus an intercooler,
which we now offer.

To address complaints about low-end responsiveness, on all three stages we've revised
our drive by wire programming to open the throttle quicker than our previous software
versions. For those who are currently running our software, the updated stage 2 version
is completely free. Just take your car to an authorized dealer and we'll cover the labor.

Here are the numbers:

Stage 1: [email protected] / 379lb/[email protected]*
Stage 2: [email protected] / 421lb/[email protected]
Stage 3: [email protected] / 429lb/[email protected]

*Result is for Stage 1 + Free flow exhaust

Specifics are on our website, www.dinancars.com

·
Registered
107 Posts
so the electronic throttle remap; can you get that "without"? i think with steptronic it can lead to less throttle modulation and when you have a car that already shifts on its own (in tip mode even) with enough throttle velocity change... you know..

Your store is bust.

Did you raise prices?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks, Steve, for the post. Would like to see you on here more often, for updates such as this. Gotta love Terry (with Burger Motorsports / JuiceBox) for keeping us in the loop, but competition is always a good thing for the consumer....

Is Dinan going to sponsor an event to match it's *best* tuned 335 against Terry's "fastest in the world?" That would be something I think all of us would be interested in seeing! Race for titles!!!!!! (sorry, been watching too much "Pinks" on the speed channel)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
That would be fun!

I understand this is a royal decree and there will be no response. But someone tell Dinan to stop quoting horsepower at the crank numbers. It's really confusing the customer base. :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
That would be fun!

I understand this is a royal decree and there will be no response. But someone tell Dinan to stop quoting horsepower at the crank numbers. It's really confusing the customer base. :)
100% agreed!

My jaw dropped until I remembered that part...

·
Living my Ultimate dream
602 Posts
I'm getting my Stage 2 updated on June 2nd.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i think hubby got me the newest stage 2. car seems very angry today and child is complaining that face/arms/legs pinned to toddler recaro seat.

:p

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here's the official word on our updated software lineup for the 335i:

There will be three stages of tuning available. Stage 2 is the equivalent to what we've
been selling so far. Stage 1 is a lower boost setting, and unlike stage 2 or 3, it will
not require an upgraded oil cooler to maintain warranty coverage. Stage 3 is a higher
boost setting than stage 2 and will require an upgraded oil cooler plus an intercooler,
which we now offer.

To address complaints about low-end responsiveness, on all three stages we've revised
our drive by wire programming to open the throttle quicker than our previous software
versions. For those who are currently running our software, the updated stage 2 version
is completely free. Just take your car to an authorized dealer and we'll cover the labor.

Here are the numbers:

Stage 1: [email protected] / 379lb/[email protected]*
Stage 2: [email protected] / 421lb/[email protected]
Stage 3: [email protected] / 429lb/[email protected]

*Result is for Stage 1 + Free flow exhaust

Specifics are on our website, www.dinancars.com
Please specify WHP numbers or at least indicate that your numbers are at the crank. Thank you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Any idea when the stage 2 will be available for the latest version of the computer? Mine is an April Build. :dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts