BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about having my injectors on the 530 cleaned and aligned. Anyone know or can recommend shop that does this in Toronto, Ontario, Canada area or Greater Toronto Area?

·
Registered
15,460 Posts
I don't have any issues with my fuel injectors at all but....
I have been pondering about this Fuel Injector cleaning for so long re different options:

1. F.I. cleaner, add a bottle of Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner here and there....done.

2. Replace injectors, PN 13641703819:
- New $90 each x 6 = $540
- "Rebuilt" $55 x 6 = $330

3. Remove fuel injectors from the car and send for ultrasonic cleaning.

4. Remove fuel injectors from the car and clean them yourself?
Youtube as a whole bunch of videos. Just wondering if anyone has done this option #4 yet?
- Basically a 5-6V power supply
- Syringe
- Carb Cleaner

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fuel+injector+cleaning

More here:

·
BMW Magician
373 Posts
The problem is that the seals inside the injector do not handle the harsh chemicals of the home cleaning via the youtube method well. Ultrasonic is the way to go and not terribly expensive to set up at home, but I still generally buy my rebuilds from a reputable vendor, send the core's in and go on about my business. It insures a top quality job and is relatively cost effective when down time is factored in.

BTW when in the second video the DIYer reads that it isn't harmful had he also read the next paragraph the BG fuel system cleaner is supposed to be diluted in a tank of gasoline. Using it in the super high concentrations he does is what often causes the issues.

If you want your injectors cleaned I recommend Witchhunter Performance b/c they are properly equipped to both test and clean you injectors and will give you a copy of the data they collect. I personally buy injectors from five-o motorsport as they have always been able to source either new or rebuilt injectors with excellent customer service and warranty support.

Cost brake down last time I ordered a set was 120 to clean 6, or 200 to replace them but with replacing them you have no downtime.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
I cleaned mine at 100K miles by pumping thru diluted Chevron Techron and then BG44K using a 60PSI fuel pump.
They looked fine before I started but I had the intake off for some mods and figured I might as well do it.
Also checked the spray pattern and for a balanced delivery between all 8 of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts