BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with inpa not connecting to my transmission module (2008 535i). Just purchased the cable and software off ebay and installed (newbie here so I'm sorry for any stupidity) but it wont connect to the transmission module. Everything else seems to connect with no problem. I am looking to be able to reset my transmission adaptations after replacing the solenoids in the trans.. Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I am having an issue with inpa not connecting to my transmission module (2008 535i). Just purchased the cable and software off ebay and installed (newbie here so I'm sorry for any stupidity) but it wont connect to the transmission module. Everything else seems to connect with no problem. I am looking to be able to reset my transmission adaptations after replacing the solenoids in the trans.. Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks
can't skip this question, you reconnected the tranny right?

What is the error message? Is it a "no response from unit" or "different unit found"?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes tranny was reconnected.

ERROR MESSAGE=
Group file : D_EGS.
SYS-0012: IDENTIFICATION ERROR.
PROGRAM WILL BE STOPPED

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
You are probably not talking to the correct module.

Go open this file with a text editor: C:\INPA\CFGDAT\E60.ENG

go to the transmission section, for example this:

[ROOT_GETRIEBE]
DESCRIPTION=Transmission
ENTRY= GS19,Gearbox Control Module GS19,
ENTRY= GS30,Sequential Gearbox SSG,
ENTRY=,,
ENTRY= smg_60,Sequential M-Gearbox,
ENTRY=,,
ENTRY= VGSG90,DXC Gearbox VGSG,

here you can see the menu items: first is the version, second is just the name you see in INPA

Find out your transmission type and add it as an extra line.
The version names are equal to the .IPO file names in the C:\INPA\SGDAT folder

I believe you can find your transmission type in the menu "Functional jobs" and something like Identification button.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant find the transmission type from the function jobs identify page. It is in German so I don't recognize anything indicating trans type. I know my transmission is a 6HP21.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts