BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F10 535. JB4, BMS intake, M performance exhaust are the relevant mods. 9k miles

About a week ago I update idrive with a file right from the bmw site. Update went totally fine.

Today I take the car in for inspection and fail. Mechanic asks me if battery has died or something. It has not. Car is not ready. I have driven the car at least 60 miles since. Probably more.

1. Could the upgrade reset ecu or ecm to reset? It act as codes were cleared?

2. Do I need to set my JB4 to map0? I don't remember doing this during my last inspection.

3. How many miles do I need to drive? Any way to expedite or check if I am ready before going back to mechanic?

Thanks for your help in advanced.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
F10 535. JB4, BMS intake, M performance exhaust are the relevant mods. 9k miles

About a week ago I update idrive with a file right from the bmw site. Update went totally fine.

Today I take the car in for inspection and fail. Mechanic asks me if battery has died or something. It has not. Car is not ready. I have driven the car at least 60 miles since. Probably more.

1. Could the upgrade reset ecu or ecm to reset? It act as codes were cleared?

2. Do I need to set my JB4 to map0? I don't remember doing this during my last inspection.

3. How many miles do I need to drive? Any way to expedite or check if I am ready before going back to mechanic?

Thanks for your help in advanced.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
If it's like other cars it's drive cycles; as in start, drive for a certain amount of time and repeat until the required number is reached. IIRC, it's usually between 5-10 cycles for other vehicles. Not sure how BMW handles it but the dealer should know.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.