BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2011 BMW 535 xDrive
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Bimmer not too long ago. I'm considering to take my car to the dealer for either Inspection I or II service since I don't know the service history of my car (currently 50k miles). How much it typically cost in New York City area?

·
||llll|||ll||||llll||||||
200 Posts
NYC said:
Just bought my first Bimmer not too long ago. I'm considering to take my car to the dealer for either Inspection I or II service since I don't know the service history of my car (currently 50k miles). How much it typically cost in New York City area?
don't bother taking it to the dealer for either of those... and what you're coming up on for 60k is the insp II (insp I is just a lube job and air filter and something else).

just find a good shop: http://www.bimrs.org/

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Take your VIN into any BMW dealer and they'll print out the service history (service that was performed at any bmw dealer, anyway).

There's no reason inspection I shouldn't have been performed since it was FREE under the standard maintenance plan.

Inspection II isn't due until you hit 60k miles.

·
Registered
170 Posts
NYC said:
I'm in Chicago and have received quotes from 500(independent BMW Mechanic) to 1100(Stealership). There is a sticky on this site as to what is involved in the Inspection II. I have 68k on my 325i and have already replaced/change everything needed for Inspection II. I am just going to take it to my independent Mechanic for a look over and that should only be like $100.

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
FYI, theres a sticky thread thats covers all this at the top of this section. Just thought I'd throw that out there, for the heck of it. ;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
BimmersRule! said:
I'm in Chicago and have received quotes from 500(independent BMW Mechanic) to 1100(Stealership). There is a sticky on this site as to what is involved in the Inspection II. I have 68k on my 325i and have already replaced/change everything needed for Inspection II. I am just going to take it to my independent Mechanic for a look over and that should only be like $100.
Where is your independent mechanic at? I live in Chicago near Cicero/ the suburn. I will start needing a good mechanic for major things once my BMW is out of warrenty.

·
Registered
170 Posts
mikevaquez said:
Where is your independent mechanic at? I live in Chicago near Cicero/ the suburn. I will start needing a good mechanic for major things once my BMW is out of warrenty.
I use Browns Motorwerks in Gurnee off of Rt.41. Its a one man show the owners Name is Fred and he does good work. I have used him for years, may be a bit far for you though if you are closer to the city.

·
Registered
523 Posts
BimmersRule! said:
I use Browns Motorwerks in Gurnee off of Rt.41. Its a one man show the owners Name is Fred and he does good work. I have used him for years, may be a bit far for you though if you are closer to the city.
Well thanks anyway. Thats about an hour away, near six flags.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts