BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm approaching Inspection II and I was wondering what was entailed during the inspection for those that have had it done or those that know. I want to know what's involved to see if can address some of the items myself and the like. In addition, what was the total damage (i.e. $$$)?? :yikes:

Thanks!

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
JawKnee said:
Well, I'm approaching Inspection II and I was wondering what was entailed during the inspection for those that have had it done or those that know. I want to know what's involved to see if can address some of the items myself and the like. In addition, what was the total damage (i.e. $$$)?? :yikes:

Thanks!
What they do is all listed in service booklet with your owner's manual. I have heard between $400-600 :yikes:

I think that I am going to get the extended full maintainance, which is less than $400, I believe. As I will likely have at least 2 brake jobs and the inspection II before 50K miles :thumbup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Argh, I can't find my service booklet right now :mad:

Nate, could you or anyone else look at your service booklet and let me know what's involved with Inspection II, or even better yet, what the differences are between Inspection I and II. :D

I'm under the impression that Inspection II is VERY SIMILAR to Inspection I, but with a few things here and there, all of which one can easily do themselves and w/o paying $tealer$hip labor! :yikes:

If you're too lazy to type it, perhaps a picture or two could help or even scan the pages ;) :D

Thanks!!!!!

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
From the Bently manual, sorry, it was hard to scan....

For you and I, the Inspection II should not cost any more than Inspection I would. We both have Dinan intakes, correct. The only difference for the first inspection II is the Air Filter. Unless you have reached 100,000 miles :dunno:

btw, why did you buy the 3.15 Dinan differential, when a 45% + LSD is available from Hiop-tech?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nate328Ci said:

For you and I, the Inspection II should not cost any more than Inspection I would. We both have Dinan intakes, correct. The only difference for the first inspection II is the Air Filter. Unless you have reached 100,000 miles :dunno:

btw, why did you buy the 3.15 Dinan differential, when a 45% + LSD is available from Hiop-tech?
Greatly appreciated Nate!!!!!! :thumbup:

I bought the Dinan diff over a year ago and no LSDs were available then and even though a LSD is available now, it's still $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :(

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
JawKnee said:

Greatly appreciated Nate!!!!!! :thumbup:

I bought the Dinan diff over a year ago and no LSDs were available then and even though a LSD is available now, it's still $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :(
The Hiop diff is $1200, $95 less than Dinan :dunno: Unless you are referring to the more expensive custom fab differentials that are available or maybe Dinan makes an LSD now :dunno:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nate328Ci said:

The Hiop diff is $1200, $95 less than Dinan :dunno: Unless you are referring to the more expensive custom fab differentials that are available or maybe Dinan makes an LSD now :dunno:
Give me info right NOW on the Hiop LSD!!! I'll order right now!

3.38 or 3.46 ratio available? :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phone call made already :D

Now waiting to hear back ;)

·
Registered
738 Posts
JawKnee said:

Nate, could you or anyone else look at your service booklet and let me know what's involved with Inspection II, or even better yet, what the differences are between Inspection I and II. :D

Thanks!!!!!
Changing the air filter. Seriously, thats it. Also, at every second Inspection II, you will want to change the diff fluid.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
DrBimmer said:

Changing the air filter. Seriously, thats it. Also, at every second Inspection II, you will want to change the diff fluid.
This is recommended now? I thought the fluid was "lifetime"

Anyway, JawKnee already uses Redline Diff. fluid.

JawKnee :

Please let me know what the ratio is. I have the info packed that they e-mailed me, but it does not state ratios. I'll bet that there are several choices :p

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.