BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Brand Loyal
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Post Deleted: I just realized that in my rush to put this thing together today, I made some errors in my measurements of the AA part and used the smaller port in stead of the one I should have! I'll fix it and repost!)

·
Oscar
650 Posts
Very nice, I like it!

I still think mine looks better;) Just kidding, it looks good.

·
Oscar
650 Posts
I really like how you used the plastic cup holder as the border around the stainless, it gives it a real nice finished look to it. Attention to detail is the key here and you got it right on. I looks very OE.

·
Brand Loyal
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really like how you used the plastic cup holder as the border around the stainless, it gives it a real nice finished look to it. Attention to detail is the key here and you got it right on. I looks very OE.
Thanks man, couldn't have done it without ya. I cut down the front plastic one really short, just to the point that it would be flush with the back of the grille, then plastic welded another one behind it to hold it all it place and give a good gluing surface for the stainless, plus it's a collar for the tape that sandwiches it all together.

I can't wait to get it on the car!

·
Oscar
650 Posts
I have yet to buy the brake duct extenders (which I will get later) but airflow seems to go in the right direction even though there is a small gap between the grill duct and the aluminum duct in the fender. I put a fan in front of the duct and got some leaves and let them go infront of the duct and they all came out of brake duct in the wheel liner. You shouldn't have this problem as you had the t grill before and it came with the brake duct extenders.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
hey bob .. looks sweet .. but i just love the t-bar of the m-tech bumpers .. i guess you can always change back and forth ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts